Nandi Hills (el. 1478 meters (4851 ft.)) or Nandidurg is a hill fortress of southern India, in the Chikkaballapur district of Karnataka state. It is located just 16 km (till base) 24 km (top of the hill) from Chickballapur town and approximately 70 km (top of the hill) from the city of Bangalore. Nandidurg hill, known commonly as Nandi Hills, gets its name from an ancient Nandi temple situated on this hill: This temple has a thousand year old sculpture of Nandi. An ancient lord Shiva and Parvati temple also adorns this hill. Nandi Hills is located in close proximity to the newly constructed Bangalore International Airport, the second largest in India. In addition, the hills are located about 20 km from the National Highway (NH-7) just after Devanahalli town. Due to its location, Nandi Hills is rapidly developing and numerous commercial and residential ventures are underway in the region.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Media in category "Nandi Hills"
The following 18 files are in this category, out of 18 total.
- Cricket on Nandi Hills.jpg 280 KB
- Nandeedrug Claude Martin.jpg 4.57 MB
- Nandhi Hills.jpg 795 KB
- Nandi (72).jpg 6.96 MB
- Nandi at Nandi Hills.jpg 1.89 MB
- Nandi Hill - Signage 2.JPG 1.55 MB
- Nandi Hill - Signage.JPG 1.44 MB
- Nandi Hill.jpg 540 KB
- Nandi hills aerial.jpg 1.96 MB
- Nandi Hills top.jpg 1.31 MB
- Nandi hills.jpg 1.12 MB
- Nandi road.jpg 27 KB
- Nandi waterworks.jpg 48 KB
- NandiHills.png 315 KB
- Nehru Nilaya @ Nandi Hills.jpg 3.23 MB
- RoadSideOnNandhiHills.JPG 4.31 MB
- Sign to Nandi Hills.jpg 1.53 MB
- Susepalya, Chickballapur.jpg 124 KB