Nandi Hills (el. 1478 meters (4851 ft.)) or Nandidurg is a hill fortress of southern India, in the Chikkaballapur district of Karnataka state. It is located just 16 km (till base) 24 km (top of the hill) from Chickballapur town and approximately 70 km (top of the hill) from the city of Bangalore. Nandidurg hill, known commonly as Nandi Hills, gets its name from an ancient Nandi temple situated on this hill: This temple has a thousand year old sculpture of Nandi. An ancient lord Shiva and Parvati temple also adorns this hill. Nandi Hills is located in close proximity to the newly constructed Bangalore International Airport, the second largest in India. In addition, the hills are located about 20 km from the National Highway (NH-7) just after Devanahalli town. Due to its location, Nandi Hills is rapidly developing and numerous commercial and residential ventures are underway in the region.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Bhoganandishwara Temple (6 C, 35 F)
- ► Maps of the Nandi Hills (2 F)
- ► Nature of the Nandi Hills (3 C, 8 F)
- ► Remote views of the Nandi Hills (26 F)
- ► Nandi Hills signage (8 F)
- ► Tipu's Palace, Nandi Hills (12 F)
- ► Views from the Nandi Hills (1 C, 62 F)