Nandi Hills (el. 1478 meters (4851 ft.)) or Nandidurg is a hill fortress of southern India, in the Chikkaballapur district of Karnataka state. It is located just 16 km (till base) 24 km (top of the hill) from Chickballapur town and approximately 70 km (top of the hill) from the city of Bangalore. Nandidurg hill, known commonly as Nandi Hills, gets its name from an ancient Nandi temple situated on this hill: This temple has a thousand year old sculpture of Nandi. An ancient lord Shiva and Parvati temple also adorns this hill. Nandi Hills is located in close proximity to the newly constructed Bangalore International Airport, the second largest in India. In addition, the hills are located about 20 km from the National Highway (NH-7) just after Devanahalli town. Due to its location, Nandi Hills is rapidly developing and numerous commercial and residential ventures are underway in the region.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Bhoganandishwara Temple (6 C, 41 F)
- ► Maps of the Nandi Hills (2 F)
- ► Remote views of the Nandi Hills (26 F)
- ► Nandi Hills signage (8 F)
- ► Tipu's Palace, Nandi Hills (16 F)
- ► Views from the Nandi Hills (1 C, 83 F)
Media in category "Nandi Hills"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Bengaluru, India (Unsplash n81tfAKH3fY).jpg 6,000 × 4,000; 11.18 MB
- Clear sky Mountain.jpg 4,640 × 3,480; 4.44 MB
- Naked Mountains.jpg 4,640 × 3,480; 6.99 MB
- Nandeedrug Claude Martin.jpg 3,316 × 2,266; 4.57 MB
- Nandhi Hills Banglore buildings.jpg 5,184 × 3,456; 4.37 MB
- Nehru Nilaya @ Nandi Hills.jpg 4,685 × 3,047; 3.23 MB
- RoadSideOnNandhiHills.JPG 3,888 × 2,592; 4.31 MB
- Susepalya, Chickballapur.jpg 960 × 643; 124 KB
- View of nandi hills Mountain top in the sky.jpg 4,208 × 2,368; 2.71 MB