|Paul Klee (1879–1940)|
|Date of birth/death||29 June 1940|
|Location of birth/death||Münchenbuchsee||Muralto|
- Paul Klee (1879–1940)
Switzerland had a copyright term of 50 years p.m.a. until 1993, and the extension to 70 years p.m.a. made in 1993 did not restore already expired copyrights. As Paul Klee died in 1940, the copyright on his works therefore expired on January 1, 1991 in Switzerland. Copyright in countries with 70 years p.m.a. (e.g. European Union) expired on January 1, 2011. Whether works by Paul Klee published after 1922 are in the public domain in the U.S., too, therefore depends on whether the individual work in question is considered to be a work from Switzerland. This may be difficult to determine in some cases, as Klee lived for a long time in Germany, but emigrated back to Switzerland in 1933 where he then lived for the rest of his life. It can probably be assumed that works by Klee published prior to 1923 are free both in the U.S., in Switzerland and in Germany as in the rest of the EU, as well as works first published in Switzerland after 1933 (because, as Swiss works, they lost their copyright in the country of origin in 1991 and were thus not protected on the URAA date of January 1, 1996). Klee works published from 1923 to 1933 may not be in the public domain in the U.S.
- Switzerland has a copyright term of 50 years p.m.a. until 1993, and did not restore already expired copyrights, so Paul Klee's copyright expired there on 1991-01-01;
- The European Union (including Germany) has a copyright term of 70 years p.m.a., so Paul Klee's copyright expired there on 2011-01-01;
- The United States was not a party to the Berne Convention until 1989, and therefore has a different copyright regime for works published before 1978-01-01. For these works, copyright expires 95 years from publication or 120 years from creation, whichever is shorter. Paul Klee's last works published in Germany may be copyrighted in the United States until 2029-01-01 (1933+95), and Klee's last unpublished works made in his German period may be copyrighted until 2054-01-01 (1933+120). However, this only applies to works where the country of origin is Germany, not Switzerland.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Crevel - Paul Klee, 1930 (37 F)
- ► Drawings by Paul Klee (42 F)
- ► Google Art Project works by Paul Klee (14 F)
- ► Meisterhaus Kadinsky/Klee (7 F)
- ► Zentrum Paul Klee (2 C, 2 P, 108 F)
Pages in category "Paul Klee"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Paul Klee"
The following 100 files are in this category, out of 100 total.
- 1915 Klee Pinz anagoia.JPG 5.76 MB
- 1997'89.jpg 95 KB
- Bern Paul-Klee-Brunnen 1.jpg 2.6 MB
- Bern Paul-Klee-Brunnen 2.jpg 3.72 MB
- Flubaulandschaft.jpg 104 KB
- Galka-scheyer.jpg 400 KB
- Klee autograph.png 24 KB
- Klee autograph.svg 7 KB
- KleeGreekBarbarians.jpg 269 KB
- Paul Klee 1911.jpg 571 KB
- Paul Klee Ueberschach.jpg 386 KB
- Paul Klee, 1916.jpg 632 KB
- Paul klee, bazar, 1924.jpg 2.97 MB
- PK Schulhaus.jpg 2.45 MB
- Q 2007-12-18 Paul Klee.ogg 119 KB