district of Tamil Nadu, India
|Location||Tamil Nadu, Madras Province, Madras Presidency, India|
Ramanathapuram district is an administrative district of Tamil Nadu state in southern India. The city of Ramanathapuram is the district headquarters. Ramanthapuram district has an area of 4,123 km². It is bounded on the north by the districts of Sivaganga, on the northeast by Pudukkottai, on the east by the Palk Strait, on the south by the Gulf of Mannar, on the west by Thoothukudi district, and on the northwest by Virudhunagar district. The district contains the Indian portion of en:Pamban's Bridge, an east-west chain of low islands and shallow reefs that extend between India and the island nation of Sri Lanka, and separate the Palk Strait from the Gulf of Mannar.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Media in category "Ramanathapuram district"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Ambu Chathara Vettai Mandapam.jpg 2,581 × 1,728; 1.57 MB
- Ambu Chatra Vettai Mandapam.jpg 2,581 × 1,728; 1.81 MB
- Bhajanai Mandapam and Nandavanam.jpg 2,581 × 1,728; 3.03 MB
- Pamban Bridge 2.jpg 1,200 × 1,600; 242 KB
- Ramanathapuram saltpan.JPG 3,264 × 2,448; 1.61 MB
- Valinokkam.jpg 1,728 × 2,880; 581 KB
- ରାମନାଥସ୍ୱାମୀ ମନ୍ଦିର.jpg 1,728 × 3,072; 2.06 MB