|Category Tamil Nadu on sister projects:|
English: Tamil Nadu (Tamil: தமிழ்நாடு "Country of the Tamils") is one of the 28 states of India. Its capital and largest city is Chennai (formerly known as Madras). Tamil Nadu lies in the southernmost part of the Indian Peninsula and is bordered by Puducherry (Pondicherry), Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. It is bound by the Eastern Ghats in the north, the Nilgiri, the Anamalai Hills, and Palakkad on the west, Bay of Bengal in the east, Gulf of Mannar, en:Palk Strait in the south east and Indian Ocean in the south. It contains 32 Districts.
|Instance of||state of India|
This category has the following 31 subcategories, out of 31 total.
- ► Featured pictures of Tamil Nadu (8 F)
- ► Categories of Tamil Nadu (3 C)
- ► Unidentified locations in Tamil Nadu (5 C, 17 F)
- ► Architecture of Tamil Nadu (15 C)
- ► Culture of Tamil Nadu (51 C, 13 F)
- ► Kongu Nadu (2 C)
- ► Tamil language (32 C, 2 P, 26 F)
- ► Organisations based in Tamil Nadu (9 C)
- ► Quality images of Tamil Nadu (20 F)
- ► Sanitation in Tamil Nadu (23 F)
- ► Vellode Bird Sanctuary (11 F)