Indian cinema producing films in the Telugu language
The Telugu cinema (Telugu: తెలుగు సినీపరిశ్రమ), also referred to as Tollywood, is the Telugu language film industry in India. The film industry of Andhra Pradesh is the largest in India in terms of number of movies made each year. The Prasads IMAX theatre in Hyderabad claims to have the biggest IMAX 3D screen in the world. en:Bhakta Prahlada, released on September 15, 1931, was South India's first en:talkie film to have a theatrical release. The Telugu cinema industry is based in the state of Andhra Pradesh in India. Hyderabad is the modern hub of Telugu film industry. Telugu film industry produces the most films every year in India, with about 245 films produced in 2006. Situated in Hyderabad, Ramoji Film City claims to be the biggest Film production facility in the world.
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► Film producers from Andhra Pradesh (14 C, 3 F)
- ► Ramoji Film City (12 C, 16 F)
Media in category "Telugu cinema"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Anup Rubens.jpg 850 × 930; 85 KB
- Dhavala Satyam.jpg 2,592 × 4,608; 4.88 MB
- Dilip Kumar salvadi.jpg 849 × 1,079; 146 KB
- Filmography chart of the films done per year by actor Sobhan Babu.png 1,540 × 1,095; 55 KB
- Kittu Vissapragada.jpg 305 × 493; 44 KB
- Padmanabha Reddy.jpg 625 × 636; 81 KB
- Telugu cinema barnstar.png 918 × 1,900; 534 KB