Jump to navigation Jump to search
Distinct Geographic subnational region
|Instance of||geographic region|
English: South India is the area encompassing India's states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu as well as the union territories of Lakshadweep and Pondicherry (Puducherry), occupying 19.31% of area. South India lies in the peninsular Deccan Plateau and is bounded by the Arabian Sea, Indian Ocean and the Bay of Bengal in the west, south and east respectively. The geography of the region is diverse, encompassing two mountain ranges — the Western Ghats and Eastern Ghats and a plateau heartland. Godavari, Krishna, Tungabhadra and Kaveri rivers are important non-perennial sources of water. Inhabitants of South India are referred to as South Indians.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Culture of South India (32 C)
- ► Geography of South India (20 C)
- ► History of South India (27 C, 2 F)
- ► Lakshadweep (11 C, 1 P, 18 F)
- ► Nature of South India (20 C)
- ► Tamil Nadu (26 C, 1 P, 95 F)
Pages in category "South India"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "South India"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Black and White potrayal of pathway to exit giving a feel of ancient ruins.jpg 3,456 × 4,608; 5.42 MB
- Elur chetty kottar temple trust office.jpg 2,304 × 1,536; 677 KB
- Ghatixalus magnus (Large Ghats Tree Frog).jpg 4,928 × 3,264; 2.04 MB
- Indian Silverbill (South India).jpg 1,633 × 1,089; 298 KB
- Kerala munnar mountain top.jpg 2,272 × 1,704; 967 KB
- Nookalamma 2.jpg 1,620 × 1,080; 589 KB
- Panjim Inn Fontainhas Goa.jpg 3,000 × 4,000; 670 KB
- Pots made from poor grade plastic, used for keeping drinking water.jpg 3,000 × 4,000; 2.01 MB
- Rajendra Chola I - Chola State.jpg 4,096 × 2,304; 2.34 MB