Category talk:Yield signs

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

Disagree with anon's proposed move of "Yield signs" to "Yield road signs". Why? What other type of Yield signs are there? Suggested new name much less common. Infrogmation (talk) 02:59, 28 May 2011 (UTC)

What about yield signs for water transport and yield signs for trams? --ŠJů (talk) 03:45, 18 June 2011 (UTC)
Good point -- and the fact that there are non-road yield signs shows the entire category should not be renamed, since such signs would end up miscategorized. Creation of additional subcategories is a different matter, and may be appropriate. Infrogmation (talk) 04:26, 18 June 2011 (UTC)

Yield signs to Give way signs (Give way signs is a part of New Zealand and the U.K.) — Preceding unsigned comment added by (talk • contribs) 07:19, 19 June 2011 (UTC) (UTC)

Give way signs are commonly known as Yield signs, en Wiki uses Yield sign which is where Give way sign redirects to (did until you removed the redirect). Bidgee (talk) 07:37, 19 June 2011 (UTC)

Yield signs is split into two categories: Yield signs and Give way signs — Preceding unsigned comment added by (talk • contribs) 00:03, 28 July 2011 (UTC)

As we can see, there is only one category Yield signs. Give way signs is redirected. Names of country subcategories aren't unified but I see no duplicity, nothing which is split and should be merged. --ŠJů (talk) 12:14, 30 July 2011 (UTC)