Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2019 in South Korea/en
Wiki Loves Monuments is an international photographic competition to promote cultural monuments around the world through Wikimedia Projects including Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons. Starting from the Netherlands in 2010, it was organized on the European level in 2011, and globalized in 2012. Wikimedians of Korea User Group is participating in it this event this year to promote national monuments of South Korea. Everyone, including photo newbies and experts, can join in this competition.
The 10 winning photos of a country/area participate in the international round of the photo contest.
- Wikimedians of Korea User Group & Wikimedia Community
- Cash prizes will be awarded to Best Three Photographs.
- 1st: 800,000 KRW
- 2nd: 200,000 KRW
- 3rd: 100,000 KRW
1. You should have legal conditions to get the cash prize according to related laws of South Korea and your own country, and agree to provide your private information to the organizer.
2. You should pay taxes imposed to yourself when you get your prize. We may deduct your taxes from the prize before giving it to you.
- E. A. Gu (Coordinator, Wikimedians of Korea)
- Start date: 1st September 2019 (KST)
- End date: 30th September 2019 (KST)
- Decision of Competition: end of October 2019 (KST)
All entries must be your own work
All photos must be uploaded within September 2019 (KST), to be eligible1 2
All photos must be distributed under CC BY-SA 4.0 or other free licences.
All participants must not violate other's copyrights.4
All participants must have an activated email address
1. You can upload multiple images
2. A day when an image was taken is not important
3. We don't take any responsibilities for problems that will happen when you enter prohibited areas.
4. Note: Please, do not upload pictures that contains sculptures, paintings, etc, which are under the exclusive copyright, in which case, the photo is not compatible with CC BY-SA or other licenses.
5. You can only upload photos that follow the goal of the competition and the policies of the Wikimedia Commons
How to participate
Prepare photos of monuments in this list
Sign in or create an account on Wikimedia Commons
Choose a proper name for your photo
Click or icons in lists of monuments in South Korea
Share your works uploaded successfully on social media with our hashtags: #WLM2019, #WLMKorea
Lists of Monuments in South Korea
- List of Monuments in Seoul (ko)
- List of Monuments in Gyeonggi-do (ko)
- List of Monuments in incheon (ko)
- List of Monuments in Chungcheongbuk-do (ko)
- List of Monuments in Chungcheongnam-do (ko)
- List of Monuments in Daejeon (ko)
- List of Monuments in Gyeongsangbuk-do (ko)
- List of Monuments in Gyeongsangnam-do (ko)
- List of Monuments in Daegu (ko)
- List of Monuments in Busan (ko)
- List of Monuments in Jeollabuk-do (ko)
- List of Monuments in Jeollanam-do (ko)
- List of Monuments in Gwangju (ko)
- List of Monuments in Gangwon-do (ko)
- List of Monuments in Jeju-do (ko)