|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
A bot uploaded 800 images to picasa review about 1 week ago. Alan, I and another reviewer have been marking some images. But could you mark or fail these images below. Some were taken from Innoprom 2012 in Yekaterinburg, Russia. All but the last image which is from Montenegro are from Russia and both states have no COM:FOP. Which images is OK for Commons and which is a copyright violation? Only an Admin can tell for certain. Some images are props and some have 2D graffito on them...so I don't know the solution.
- File:Innoprom 2012 274.jpg
- File:Innoprom 2012 382.jpg
- File:Innoprom 2012 556.jpg
- File:Innoprom 2012 268.jpg
- File:Lipetsk 010.jpg
- File:Lipetsk 059.jpg
- File:Novokuznetsk 009.jpg
- File:Oryol 024.jpg
- File:Oryol 038.jpg
- File:Podgorica 002.jpg
- Done. Even an administrator can't be certain here! Kind regards, Lymantria (talk) 11:45, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks. I did pass 1 prop image. I will have to find it and file a DR. Best Regards, --Leoboudv (talk) 19:01, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
- Comment :There are the final 5 images which you or Natuur12 would know if they are are copyrighted derivative images or just generic images that are OK for Commons:
- File:Innoprom 2012 491.jpg
- File:Innoprom 2012 492.jpg
- File:Innoprom 2012 552.jpg
- File:Innoprom 2012 554.jpg
- File:Innoprom 2012 485.jpg
I also add these two strange ones from panoramio:
- Comment : Wow! FOP is really hard. Personally I thought that this image was generic but then sometimes its better to ask an Admin for more help here. Best Regards, --Leoboudv (talk) 07:06, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
- Thank You for your comment. I'm sorry to disturb you but could you briefly pass or fail these extra images. The rest, I will handle. There is no FOP in Podgorica, Montenegro so I don't know how you handle the modern bridge photos. Thanks again.
- File:Oryol 021.jpg
- File:Podgorica 008.jpg
- File:Innoprom 2012 487.jpg
- File:Podgorica 023.jpg
- File:Lipetsk 028.jpg
- File:Podgorica 013.jpg
- File:Podgorica 012.jpg
- I have gone through the imageas, and nominated a couple of the images. Thank you. Kind regards, Lymantria (talk) 17:22, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
- OK. Thanks for all your help. There is now a new picasa bot working apparently. Kind Regards, --Leoboudv (talk) 19:03, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
These 5 images/music files
Can you consider marking these files? I don't know if they are OK for Commons.
- File:Grande otelo arte.jpg
- File:Mario Balotelli — "Super Mario" Goal Celebration — A.C. Milan.jpg
- File:Dave Matthew Band, July 2009.webm
- File:Low temperature difference Stirling Engine.webm
- File:MM-7 low temperature difference Stirling Engine running on the heat from an Apple MacBook Pro power adapter.webm
- Hmm, I need some thoughts on these. Perhaps I won't find time to quietly consider these before Monday. The Deave Matthew Band doesn't seem to be suitable for commons though. Kind regards, Lymantria (talk) 18:49, 14 February 2014 (UTC)
- OK. Please consider reviewing them because I am a bit lost when it comes to music copyright issues and it seems that no one else wants to mark them. Thank You, --Leoboudv (talk) 07:18, 15 February 2014 (UTC)
Picture of the Year 2013 R2 Announcement
Round 2 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- In other languages: Deutsch, Ελληνικά, English, français, magyar, italiano, македонски, 日本語, русский, svenska
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the second round of the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year were entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
There are two total rounds of voting. In the first round, you voted for as many images as you liked. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category have continued to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 2 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2013 Picture of the Year contest.