More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Hi Moodle23. I deleted the page Moodle23 as it didn't contain any images. Besides, you shouldn't name them after yourself either. ;) If you need help with creating galleries, please read COM:GALLERY. Articles should belong on Wikipedia. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask them of course. Kind regards, Trijnsteltalk 15:23, 25 August 2012 (UTC)
Thanks, Yann. I try to upload paintings, prints and drawings of two painters, both dead for more than 70 years, to illustrate the respective articles in the german wikipedia. I made a first try, but it turned out a bit messy. I am using the "standard form" for uploading. Here are my questions (I am using here the german terms of this form):
1. Zielname: Are there any conventions how to name paintings in Commons, like name of the artist + title of painting +???
1.1 Can I correct or change the Zielname after uploading? Reason: misspelling, no name of the artist. Or is it easier to upload the painting a second time with correct information?
2. Quelle/Source: (Alle the respective paintings are privately owned.) When D. sends me a digital photo of her painting, taken by a unnamed professional photographer and I put it into my archive and upload it from there to Commons, who/what is the source? A similar case, when I scan a good, old photography provided by A. 20 years ago, who is the source?
3. Urheber/author: This should be the name of the painter?
4. Datum des Werkes/date: Is this the year when the painting was finished (possible marked on the painting) or the date when it was photographed? If the year of the painting is unknown or vaguely known, how to proceed?
5. Beschreibung/description: Would this example be a proper description? Adolf Höfer, Winter Landscape, 66x53 cm/26x21 inches, painting, oil/canvass, ca. 1921, signed bas gauche, not dated, privately owned.
5.1 How to spell names with German Umlaut like ö, ä, ü? Höfer will usually turn into en:Hofer which is not quite correct and may lead to confusion?
6. Andere Versionen/others versions: Does it concern my paintings?
7. Freigabe: Out of politeness, I have asked the owners of the paintings if they agree to put a photo of their painting into Commons. Do you mean by Freigabe this informal permit or does it not concern me at all as the artist is dead for more than 70 years.
9. Weitere Informationen/further information: ???
10. Lizenz/Licence: all my paintings are "gemeinfrei", thus no problem (s. o.)
11. Can I add Categories after uploading and how? Which categories are recommended for painters? I have seen: painters from Germany, births, deaths. What about "winter landscape"
Waiting for advice
Are my simple questions really so silly?--18.104.22.168 13:35, 30 August 2012 (UTC)