|"The people I distrust most are those who want to improve our lives but have only one course of action." - Frank Herbert|
Welcome to my Talk Page. Please read this very Special Note before you proceed: On this page we will assume good faith about each other. I am a very firm believer in Wikipedia:Honesty and that neutral point of view applies to you, even in disputes. If you don't believe these three things, then I'm sorry but we won't be able to deal together.
- There is the possibility, however bizarre it might at first appear, that although I don't happen to agree with you, I am in actuality a sensible person just as you feel you are.
- If you are under the impression that I'm violating policy in some way, you should be prepared to quote the exact wording of that part of that policy. I feel that I am quite aware of what our policies do and don't state, having myself spent many hours working on those same policies you're now throwing at me.
- If you don't feel that you have the sufficient Wiktionary:dialectic tools to discuss things with me sensibly as adults, you might want to consider first having a good stiff drink.
- If you feel the pressing need to talk down to me, instruct me in etiquette, or impugn my intelligence or motivations, during your discussion, you are quite unlikely to be successful in your goal of correcting the Evil I'm allegedly unleashing upon the world.
Wikimedia Commons has a specific scope
Thank you for your contributions. Your image or other content was recently deleted, or will soon be deleted, in accordance with our process and policies, because it was not, or is not, within our scope. Please review our project scope, but in short, Commons is targeted at media files including photographs, diagrams, animations, music, spoken text and video clips. Wikimedia Commons does not contain text articles like encyclopedia articles, textbooks, news, word definitions and such. Each of these other kinds of content have their own projects: Wikipedia, Wikibooks, Wikisource, Wikinews, Wiktionary and Wikiquote.
If the content seems to fit the scope of one of those other projects, please consider contributing it there. If you think that the deletion was in error because the contribution really was in scope, you can appeal it at Commons:Undeletion requests, giving a reason why it fits our scope to help others evaluate the matter. Thank you for your understanding. Herby talk thyme 06:50, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
- You may care to look at the discussion here about another user. In practice pages on Foundation wikis belong solely to the foundation not to individuals. As such it is up to the community to decide what is appropriate not the user. Thanks --Herby talk thyme 07:08, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
- This discussion is not a community consensus and it wasn't even undertaken in commons. Jon Awbrey was blacklisted for spamming behaviour. This is not at all the same situation. These links are placed so that I can easily jump from one project to another. As you should know, these are all no-follow links in the first place. Blanking a user's talk page is highly aggressive behaviour, and I suggest you halt until you have a wider community consensus for that. Thanks. Wjhonson (talk) 07:15, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
- You will find the use of interwiki links would make links to your other Foundation pages much easier for you & others (& I was wrong to remove those links & I apologise for that). So this points to you en wp talk page for example & this points to your Meta user page. I trust you will find this helpful. --Herby talk thyme 07:22, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
The reason I use full URL's is that not all the project with which I'm involved are Wikimedia Foundation projects. I jump from project to project and this set-of-links is to facilitate that without the need to make two or three jumps to get to one place. All the project pages on which I work are interconnected in a similar way. Not only does this allow me to navigate easily, but it allows others to get an understanding of who I am. That is, I think, the point of User Pages. Thank you for your apology. Wjhonson (talk) 07:28, 13 September 2008 (UTC)