- 1 A cup of tea for you!
- 2 File:Bench 2015 Campaign.jpg
- 3 Spam service/s
- 4 *** Happy holidays! *** 2016! ***
- 5 Happy New Year!
- 6 File:Yandex people map - old version.png
- 7 Another image spammer
- 8 Possible sock (Willy on Wheels copycat)
- 9 You Submitted my photos for deletion...
- 10 venus figurines
- 11 User talk:188.8.131.52
- 12 helpsssss
- 13 A Question?
- 14 File:"neutral" Social Media tags.jpg deletion
- 15 Important
A cup of tea for you!
|Ahem...it's late November... Hope to see you back soon old friend. INeverCry 08:16, 24 November 2015 (UTC)|
- Now back but very busy - best --Herby talk thyme 08:04, 26 November 2015 (UTC)
- Looks like you've got a Willy on Wheels impersonator following you around. INeverCry 08:53, 26 November 2015 (UTC)
Why do you think that is possible for copyright violation? When I didn't say it was my own work and I have provided the Authors name and the URL that the file was came from. — Preceding unsigned comment added by SS1902 (talk • contribs) 11:05, 03 December 2015 (UTC)
Moved from File talk:Bench 2015 Campaign.jpg
- Replied on user talk page. --Herby talk thyme 13:08, 4 December 2015 (UTC)
Can you take a look at Commons:Deletion requests/Files uploaded by Singaporearchitects when you have a chance? I did a mass DR for another company a few days ago that had spammy descriptions that looked just like these. I've seen several others in the past few weeks. I wonder is there a possibility of designing an abuse filter that would stop the adding of external links to descriptions? I know external links are often needed in the source/author fields, but wikilinks or plain text should suffice for descriptions right? INeverCry 08:15, 19 December 2015 (UTC)
- DR done. Yes there is a real problem with spamming via images (& there has been for years) and it feels like it is getting worse. Not enough of an expert of filters tho sadly. Will look back when I have time. txs --Herby talk thyme 08:48, 19 December 2015 (UTC)
*** Happy holidays! *** 2016! ***
|* * * Happy Holidays 2016 ! * * *|
|* Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!
* Joyeux Noël ! Bonne année!
* Frohes Weihnachten! Frohes Neues Jahr!
* ¡Feliz Navidad y próspero año nuevo!
* Счастливого Рождества! С Новым годом! -- George Chernilevsky talk 19:17, 23 December 2015 (UTC)
Happy New Year!
|Classical, but still... thank you for your work on Commons! Yann (talk) 13:36, 1 January 2016 (UTC)|
There has been no violation of copyrights! It really is my job! I know the rules, so if it was somebody else's work, I would have uploaded to Russian Wikipedia, but not here.
Another image spammer
Hello. This message is being sent to inform you that there is currently a discussion at Commons:Administrators' noticeboard/Blocks and protections#Umbrellaconsulting0. User has a username which is obviously promotional of its consulting business (in violation of COM:IU and has been uploading files in furtherance of its promotional work (in violation of COM:ADVERT). See also Commons:Deletion requests/File:Sydney consulting engineer.jpg.. Thank you.
- looks like it's dealt with - thanks --Herby talk thyme 08:17, 7 January 2016 (UTC)
Possible sock (Willy on Wheels copycat)
You Submitted my photos for deletion...
I noticed you went onto my page and submitted most all my photos for deletion. These are ALL photos that i've taken, so i'm not sure why you've nominated them. I have the ORIGINAL versions for almost all of them, so i don't know why they're nominated, when i created them. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Dannielle.22558bbw (talk • contribs) 03:30, 10 January 2016 (UTC)
many of these photos show simply figurines from the fals period (not from the paleolizhic period). the pic here called "venus of mal'ta" is completely wrong. it shows another venus (if at all). so these files must be corrected. and one has be deleted. sombody must do that. Mr. bobby (talk) 14:27, 10 January 2016 (UTC)
hi. i made a deletion request for a photo (venuus of mal'ta), that does not show what it is supposed to. an admin (?) told me, that this pic is used by others, threfore it canot be deleted. that means nobody can delete a wrong pic when others have no idea of the topic (copy and paste). what would you suggest? Mr. bobby (talk) 13:25, 15 January 2016 (UTC)
I know that this user is just a vandal but isn't it a bit unfair to block him after I already warned him and he refrained from further vandalism? Perhaps I am a bit of an idealist but yesterday’s vandal could be one of our regulars today. Therefor we should treat them fair imho. Blocking after a formal warming when there are no new offences sounds a bit like a double jeopardy. Natuur12 (talk) 18:12, 12 January 2016 (UTC)
- It was an attack on a fellow user - something I will not tolerate when I see it. In fairness I blocked before I saw your warning based on my watchlist. I understand your point however after years of dealing with such behaviour I find it unlikely that the behaviour will change much (I can probably think of three exceptions over the year). I'm aware our views vary and it's a wiki - do as you wish. --Herby talk thyme 08:45, 13 January 2016 (UTC)
--Mogada1972 (talk) 17:39, 17 January 2016 (UTC)mogada I did not violate the copyright for carrie underwood pictures its free licence.Do not delete pictures.Carrie Underwood will use the pictures on the page .
1. I haven't received any "requests from editors not to do so", I just found images on the page missing and was wondering about the reason. In that case I would expect to see at least some message notification in my Wikipedia account or e-mail. Probably you should try to improve the user interface of your site prior to blaming people. I find this attitude being absolutely unfriendly and unmotivated.
2. "neutral" Social Media tags.jpg picture is a peace of screenshot of a free browser Chromium showing a free public content of a technical web page (not an application) http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javaee/downloads/java-ee-sdk-6u3-downloads-439814.html having absolutely no visual value (practically plain text), devoted to free Java SDK6 software, processes by my own hands in Photoshop using cropping, color marking, color editing. Could you please give me any motives (your professional criteria) which allow you to blame me in "copyright violation"? Could you please indicate the person, organization or company whose rights WERE violated? Unless you think that you have right to delete ANY picture without understanding its content, just because it a priori MAY violate the copyright?
After getting the power of censorship you guys have moved too far from the initial ideals of Wikipedia, loosing the connection with reality. Be aware that reality will certainly pay you back after a while.
Thank you, Coding.wizard
- You have been told several times before that you cannot upload any album covers at Commons. Only the original designer or sometimes the record company can grant a free license for such images. If you scanned the cover image or copied it from a website it is not your own work and you're not allowed to upload it. De728631 (talk) 22:01, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
- @Herby: This just made we wonder if something fishy is going on here. De728631 (talk) 22:10, 19 January 2016 (UTC)