- Definitely troublesome and thanks for the message . I've started blacklisting the links and running through the tools on Meta in case it's cross wiki. Best --Herby talk thyme 11:34, 6 February 2020 (UTC)
- Plus - the varied editing times suggest that maybe there are some proxies among those IPs. I'll look more when I have time. Best --Herby talk thyme 11:52, 6 February 2020 (UTC)
Hello Herbythyme - photographs of French advertising campaigns for Leffe and Coppertone
You commented on two advertising campaigns I uploaded onto wikimedia commons and then put on two different wikipedia pages: Leffe and Coppertone (sunscreen) and Leffe (bière). What did I do wrong ?
Herbythyme I saw your reply in an automatic email "Both of these images are copyrighted I'm afraid and so cannot be hosted on Commons." but I'm not sure this is where I can exchange with you. Why aren't we in the same discussion? Anyway, what makes you think these ad campaigns have copyright??? For a start the campaign for Leffe was done singlehandlely by my father bernard moors through his advertising company "bernard moors conseil". And I have a written authorization from my father to publish these campaigns with the selected copyright status.
I just saw your message "Both of these images are copyrighted I'm afraid and so cannot be hosted on Commons. --Herby talk thyme 13:30, 8 September 2020 (UTC) We can talk wherever you like (though it would be helpful if you "sign" your posts - the editing toolbar has a button. La Monde will hold copyright on anything that they have published - almost all newspapers do I'm afraid. While your father may have been responsible for the advertising campaign it is extremely likely that the client who ordered the campaign will be the copyright owner of it and not the company which arranged the advertising. Thanks --Herby talk thyme 13:44, 8 September 2020 (UTC)".
I will ask my father to check with both clients that he owns the copyright. He already published both advertising campaign in different books so I am pretty sure he owns the copy right. Else it might already be in the public domain. Could you please give me a full week to revert? I will now try to sign. Regards.--Emmencyclopédie (talk) 14:36, 8 September 2020 (UTC)
- It would be almost certain that the commissioning clients will hold the copyright but you are welcome to try. I have removed the tags for now --Herby talk thyme 14:50, 8 September 2020 (UTC)
Herby, what you are saying is NOT correct. I checked again with my father and he confirmed in writing that in France THE ADVERTISING MATERIAL BELONGS TO THE ADVERTISING AGENCY WHICH HAS THE COPYRIGHT. There is a jurisprudence in France for this. Both campaigns were done in France. The fact that he published two books which this material is evidence that he has the rights. Your threat to remove these photos is unjustified. Please stop. thank you.--Emmencyclopédie (talk) 19:30, 8 September 2020 (UTC)
- OK - please let me have a link to the licensing at La Monde and I will check it.
- If what you say is true then the head of the agency may confirm licensing via COM:OTRS. Obviously the email will have to come from the agency. --Herby talk thyme 07:28, 9 September 2020 (UTC)
- Actually as far as La Monde is concerned the position seems completely clear. Under the heading "PROPRIETÉ INTELLECTUELLE" on the website it is clear that there is no licensing compatible with the requirements to host images on Commons. You MUST ensure that you actually understand the licensing requirement on Commons (see COM:L) please. --Herby talk thyme 07:34, 9 September 2020 (UTC)
Nishant Kanika picture
User:Herbythyme the picture of Kanika and Nishant is not a copyright issue as it came from a reliable source of Bollywood Hungama why did you say this.
I haven't yet research other wikimedia user pages but I thought I could save a draft since I started with AT Talk. I am a widely accepted author of 67 or so odd books and have a following in the News. How else do other more populur somebodies get identified as good. Clemency matters but I not a Criminal. I don't even Vandalize Wikipedia. AI just practice at Wikimedia Common for some looseness.Mondypaid (talk) 09:23, 8 October 2020 (UTC)
A beer for you!
|Hello, I have seen your message about my photo missing essential source information and I really want to fix it, but can't seem to find how...|