Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2016 in India
WLM is an upcoming photo competition, part of the bigger Wiki Loves Monuments 2016. We welcome you all to be part of it, as participants and as volunteers. Rules, regulations and more information about the competition will be available soon.
The basic concept is that people are invited to upload images of monumental objects under a free license for usage on Wikipedia. We want to try to get complete lists of these monuments on Wikipedia, including photos - giving a great and unique overview of the cultural heritage in each country. This, in turn, will also help complete many articles relating to India.
This page is intended to help coordinate the Indian component to the 2016 Wiki Loves Monuments. If you want to volunteer, please feel free to add your name below!
Core organizing committee
Sign up below if you would like to volunteer for WLM 2016. Both General and Language-specific volunteer coordinators are welcome to sign up for this event. Interested volunteers are requested to sign up for our mailing list as well for event related updates.
- Helping jury team- Training jury members with jury tool.Review incoming images and categorize it.
- Suyash Dwivedi (talk)
- Cherishsantosh (talk) 12:07, 28 August 2016 (UTC)
- Schwiki (talk) 05:52, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- Mohammed Ammar (talk) 12:38, 6 September 2016 (UTC)
Cultural Partnership Team
- Work with partners and sponsors- identify partners,sponsors and photoclubs which can associate with WLM.
Press, Media and Outreach Team
- Build website Done
- Update website In progress
- Update website theme Done
- Create a bot for notification WLM id and email not present.
- Update WLM list with location (lat/long)
- Civicrm for WLM and future WMIN events
- --Ranjith -- (Ranjithsiji) (talk to me) 10:09, 26 August 2016 (UTC)
- Cherishsantosh (talk) 12:06, 28 August 2016 (UTC)
Heritage walk team
- Helping organise photo-walk in their respective city.
- --Pavanaja (talk) 16:21, 27 August 2016 (UTC), heritage cities of Karnataka
- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) , Monuments at Madhya Pradesh, India
- Saileshpat (talk) 12:24, 28 August 2016 (UTC) Bhubaneswar and Puri Photowalk.
- --Ananth subray (talk) 14:25, 28 August 2016 (UTC)
- --Harriet Vidyasagar Outofindia (talk) Mangalore and Goa
- --Sujay25 (talk) 17:58, 30 August 2016 (UTC), West Bengal
- --Manoj Karingamadathil (Talk) 10:41, 18 September 2016 (UTC), Thrissur, Kerala
- --Mahensingha (talk) 18:39, 31 March 2017 (UTC)-- Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh)
- Cherishsantosh (talk) 12:04, 24 August 2016 (UTC)
- Mohammed Ammar (talk) 17:54, 26 August 2016 (UTC)
- Zeetendra (talk) 03:14, 28 August 2016 (UTC)
- Satdeep Gill (talk) 17:00, 4 September 2016 (UTC)
The Wikimedia India Chapter (Registered Name: Wikimedia Chapter) is an independent and not-for-profit organization that is an affiliate of the Wikimedia Foundation with its office in Bangalore. Wikimedia India is an approved chapter by the Wikimedia Foundation for Wikimedians living in, or connected to India.
|Wiki Loves Monuments 2016|
Lists of monuments in: Africa - Asia - Europe - North America - Oceania & Antarctica - South America