Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Category Andhra Pradesh on sister projects:|
English: Andhra Pradesh (Telugu: ఆంధ్ర ప్రదేశ్, translation: Province of Andhras), abbreviated A.P., is a state situated on the south-eastern coast of India. It is India's fourth largest state by area and fifth largest by population. Its capital and largest city is Hyderabad. The State has the second longest coastline (972 km) among all the States in India, the longest coastline being that of Gujarat (1600 km). Andhra Pradesh lies between 12°41' and 22°N latitude and 77° and 84°40'E longitude, and is bordered by Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh and Orissa in the north, the Bay of Bengal in the East, Tamil Nadu to the south and Karnataka to the West. Andhra Pradesh is historically called the "Rice Bowl of India". Two major rivers, the Godavari and the Krishna run across the state. The small enclave (12 sq mi (30 km²)) of the Yanam district of Puducherry (Pondicherry) state lies in the Godavari Delta in north-east of the state. Historically the region comprising the state was known as Andhraapatha, Andhradesa, Andhraavani, and Andhra vishaya. Andhra Pradesh was formed from Andhra State on November 1, 1956 – and Telangana was established on June 2, 2014, curving out 9 districts of Andhra Pradesh. Hyderabad is now the joint capital of both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states for a period of 10 years.
मराठी: आंध्र प्रदेश (तेलुगू: ఆంధ్ర ప్రదేశ్, अर्थ: आंध्रांचा प्रदेश), हे भारताच्या आग्नेय किनार्यावर वसलेले राज्य आहे. क्षेत्रफळानुसार चौथे व लोकसंख्येनुसार पाचवे भारतीय राज्य असणार्या आंध्र प्रदेशाची राजधानी हैदराबाद येथे आहे.
state in India
|Instance of||state of India|
|Executive body|| |
|Head of state|| |
|Head of government|
|Different from|| |
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Categories of Andhra Pradesh (8 C)
- ► Culture of Andhra Pradesh (51 C)
- ► History of Andhra Pradesh (40 C)
- ► Nature of Andhra Pradesh (24 C)
Pages in category "Andhra Pradesh"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Andhra Pradesh"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Midi Telugu Velugu bus in Visakhapatnam.jpg 2,450 × 1,837; 740 KB
- Telugu Velugu bus in Ahobilam.jpg 3,659 × 2,745; 1.94 MB
- Telugu Velugu bus in Kandukur.jpg 4,159 × 2,339; 1.73 MB
- Telugu Velugu bus in Kurnool.jpg 3,470 × 2,603; 1.3 MB
- Telugu Velugu bus in Ramachandrapuram.jpg 3,714 × 2,786; 2.24 MB
- Telugu Velugu bus in Tirupati.jpg 2,560 × 1,920; 761 KB
- Telugu Velugu bus in Venadu Kuppam.jpg 4,158 × 2,339; 1.55 MB
- Telugu Velugu buses at Jammalamadugu.jpg 3,378 × 1,900; 1.19 MB
- Telugu Velugu buses in Proddatur.jpg 4,160 × 2,340; 2.12 MB