Wiki Loves Monuments is an international photographic competition to promote cultural monuments around the world through Wikimedia Projects including Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons. Starting from the Netherlands in 2010, it was organized on the European level in 2011, and globalized in 2012. Wikimedians of Korea User Group is participating in it this event this year for the first time to promote national monuments of South Korea. Everyone, including photo newbies and experts, can join in this competition.
The 10 winning photos of a country/area participate in the international round of the photo contest.
- All of partipants who reside in South Korea can get Certificate of Participation.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to Best Three Photographs. (You should have legal conditions to get the cash prize according to related laws of South Korea and your own country, and agree to provide your private information to the organizer.)
- 1st: 2,000,000 KRW
- 2nd: 500,000 KRW
- 3rd: 250,000 KRW
- E. A. Gu (Coordinator, Wikimedians of Korea)
- Start date: 1st September 2016 (KST)
- End date: 30th September 2016 (KST)
- Decision of Competition: end of October 2016 (KST)
All entries must be your own work
All photos must be uploaded within September 2016 (KST), to be eligible1 2
All photos must be distributed under CC BY-SA 4.0
All participants must not violate other's copyrights.
All participants must have an activated email address
1. You can upload multiple images
2. A day when an image was taken is not important
How to participate
Prepare photos of monuments in this list
Sign in or create an account on Wikimedia Commons
Choose a proper name for your photo
Click or icons in lists of monuments in South Korea
Share your works uploaded successfully on social media with our hashtags: #WLM2016, #WLMKorea
Lists of Monuments in South Korea