More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:03, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Juan Carlos I salutando.jpg is uncategorized since 15 April 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons does not accept derivative works of non-free works such as File:John Cassavetes Gena Rowlands.jpg. It only accepts free content, which is images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Reproductions of copyrighted works are also subject to the same copyright, and therefore this file must unfortunately be considered non-free. For more information, please read Commons:Derivative works and Commons:Freedom of panorama. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
The file you added has been deleted. If you believe that this file was not a derivative work of a non-free work, you may request undeletion.
According to the Flickr user http://www.flickr.com/photos/69803865@N00/592423774 is taken from a book. So it is a Scan or photo of a copyrighted work and therefore not free. See Commons:Derivative works (2D Artwork). --Martin H. (talk) 22:44, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- You are not very lucky with your uploads from Flickr, http://www.flickr.com/photos/19132040@N04/2904537554/ is not created (photographed) by the Flicker uploader, so the Creative Commons license is not valid. --Martin H. (talk) 22:45, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
TUSC token 6264178918965fb3661b99b9dafa1e75
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!