Bengal (Bengali বঙ্গ Bôngo, বাংলা Bangla, বঙ্গদেশ Bôngodesh or বাংলাদেশ Bangladesh), is a historical and geographical region in the northeast region of the Indian Subcontinent. Today it is mainly divided between the People's Republic of Bangladesh (previously en:East Bengal / en:East Pakistan) and the state of West Bengal in India, although some regions of the previous kingdoms of Bengal (during local monarchical regimes and British Raj) are now part of the neighboring Indian states of Bihar, Assam, Tripura and Orissa. The majority of Bengal is inhabited by (বাঙালি Bangali) who speak the Bengali language (বাংলা Bangla).
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► People of Bengal (44 C, 50 F)
- ► Black Bengal Goats (2 F)
- ► Culture of Bengal (19 C, 10 F)
- ► East Bengal (5 F)
- ► Geography of Bengal (3 C)
- ► History of Bengal (23 C, 14 F)
- ► Bengali language (16 C, 26 F)
- ► Murshidabad (6 C, 44 F)
- ► West Bengal (25 C, 1 P, 97 F)
Media in category "Bengal"
The following 32 files are in this category, out of 32 total.