Jharkhand (Hindi: झारखंड}}, [IPA: ˈdʒʱaːrkʰəɳɖ) is a state in eastern India. It was carved out of the southern part of Bihar state on November 15, 2000. Jharkhand shares its border with the states of Bihar to the north, Uttar Pradesh and Chhattisgarh to the west, Orissa to the south, and West Bengal to the east. An area of 28,833 sq mi (74,677 km²). The industrial city of Ranchi is its capital. The name "Jharkhand" comes from the Sanskrit word Jharikhanda, which is the ancient name of the region's dense forest.
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
- ► Cities and villages in Jharkhand (19 C, 5 F)
- ► Architecture of Jharkhand (5 C)
- ► Culture of Jharkhand (14 C, 7 F)
- ► Geography of Jharkhand (11 C, 5 F)
- ► Jainism in Jharkhand (1 C, 9 F)
- ► Nature of Jharkhand (7 C)
Media in category "Jharkhand"
The following 14 files are in this category, out of 14 total.