Jharkhand (Hindi: झारखंड}}, [IPA: ˈdʒʱaːrkʰəɳɖ) is a state in eastern India. It was carved out of the southern part of Bihar state on November 15, 2000. Jharkhand shares its border with the states of Bihar to the north, Uttar Pradesh and Chhattisgarh to the west, Orissa to the south, and West Bengal to the east. An area of 28,833 sq mi (74,677 km²). The industrial city of Ranchi is its capital. The name "Jharkhand" comes from the Sanskrit word Jharikhanda, which is the ancient name of the region's dense forest.
|Instance of||state of India|
|Part of||East India|
|Head of government|
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- Culture of Jharkhand (21 C, 31 F)
- Geography of Jharkhand (10 C)
- History of Jharkhand (11 C, 4 F)
- Maps of Jharkhand (3 C, 1 P, 16 F)
- Nature of Jharkhand (13 C, 15 F)
- Transport in Jharkhand (7 C)
- Universities and colleges in Jharkhand (6 C, 5 F)
Pages in category "Jharkhand"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Jharkhand"
This category contains only the following file.
- TCE Tower.jpg 262 × 261; 20 KB