More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Durisdeer Hills from A702.jpg was uncategorized on 10 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:54, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Grey Man of the Merrick.jpg was uncategorized on 29 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:07, 30 November 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Scree above Hartfell Spa.jpg was uncategorized on 4 December 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:57, 5 December 2009 (UTC)
TUSC token 094526b5cde2078b7259ee4284eef21c
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
A barnstar for you!
|The Photographer's Barnstar|
|Thanks for your images of Silver Flowe! Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry (talk) 14:49, 20 May 2016 (UTC)|