More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 06:10, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
- Image:View of highway sign from Shoshone, CA.JPG is uncategorized since 11 April 2009.
- Image:View of Pahrump with Mt Charleston.JPG is uncategorized since 14 April 2009.
- Image:Mining remnants around Shoshone.JPG is uncategorized since 14 April 2009.
- Image:California Route 127 outside Nopah Range.JPG is uncategorized since 18 April 2009.
- Image:View of State Route 127 outside Nopah Range.jpg is uncategorized since 18 April 2009.
- Image:Mission Santa Ines plaque.JPG is uncategorized since 21 April 2009.
- Image:Cajon Pass.JPG is uncategorized since 22 May 2009.
- Image:CBBArena.JPG is uncategorized since 22 May 2009.
- Image:TheDumontDunes.JPG is uncategorized since 23 May 2009.
- Image:Seaurchinsamongwetrocks.JPG was uncategorized on 28 November 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:54, 29 November 2010 (UTC)