Quality Image Promotion 
Congratulations! File:Porto Covo January 2011-2b.jpg, which was produced or nominated by you, was reviewed and has now been promoted to Quality Image status. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.
Quality Image Promotion 
Congratulations! File:Porto Covo January 2011-3a.jpg, which was produced or nominated by you, was reviewed and has now been promoted to Quality Image status. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.
Congratulations! File:Porto Covo January 2011-1a.jpg, which was produced or nominated by you, was reviewed and has now been promoted to Quality Image status. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.
FP Promotion 
The image File:Porto Covo January 2011-2b.jpg, that you nominated on Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Porto Covo January 2011-2b.jpg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.
Hi ! 
Was just passing by and I noticed you are still active on FPC so I decided to drop a word here. Many users I was familiar with seem to have gone which makes me sad a little. Maybe it's me, but I believe the golden age of commons (Richard Barz, Lucag, Fir0002, Ram-Man, Luc Viatour, Mbz1, Simonizer, Lycaon (what happened to him ?), You (yes !)...) is behind us... Fortunately, you and some other like Diliff are still around. Sorry I'm not able to contribute like you do. Maybe see you later. - Benh (talk) 22:28, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
Nice to hear from you! You are quite right, the golden commons' age is over. From the old time guys almost nobody is around any more. And though there are a couple of talented new users (some from France!) I quite miss the magic of Richard, Luc and the others. As for Lycan, he left after some unfortunate events. I'll tell you the story when I go to Paris next Summer! Alvesgaspar (talk) 23:48, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
- If this is an invitation for a drink, I'd be glad to see you there ;) Just let me know (I mean it). Yes some magic has gone, yesterday, I had a look at FPC and opposed most of the pictures there :'( I was about to nominate a few of my pics I was very proud of because I appreciate and trust your opinions, but really we now seem to feature pretty much anything... (including some pics of mine that clearly wouldn't have made it a few months ago). Yes some talents maybe, I noticed a very nice Paris panorama :) I will continue to have a look. Will also drop a word to some old user to see what they've become now. - Benh (talk) 07:59, 18 January 2011 (UTC)
Puppet or no Puppet? 
Your struggle against the puppets made me aware of this problem. I set up inArbouse.jpg FP disappearing for a procedural problem that is not important, but acontributor caught my attention, and I suspect of being a Puppet. User:Wetenschatje. I give him a polite word. Wait and see… --Archaeodontosaurus (talk) 09:30, 18 January 2011 (UTC)
- Dear Didier,
That user caught my attention too but no administrator will accept to investigate without a more solid case, e.g. a suspiction of a relation between this account and another one. Alvesgaspar (talk) 12:13, 18 January 2011 (UTC)
Image use 
We are writing a book on spices and herbs.
The title is “Krydderleksikon med urter og smakstilsetninger” (Encyclopedia of spices and herbs). Print run is 5000 copies and the book will be published in May this year. It will be illustrated with photos of all the plants.
Most of the photos are already provided for but we still miss some picture.
We have found your photo of Melilotus april on the Internet and we wonder if you kindly will let us use the photo in our book.
For more information about us and the book please contact us on: post(a)vegaforlag.no - www.vegaforlag.no
Best regards Gitte
- Please feel free to use the image, as long as adequate credit is given ("Joaquim Alves Gaspar, WIkimedia Commons") -- Alvesgaspar (talk) 09:17, 2 February 2011 (UTC)
About a penguin 
- Hello Alvesgaspar.
- Happy to read back some news from you.
- I have a question about the review of File:Magellanic penguin, Valdes Peninsula, e.jpg in FPC. In my opinion, there is too much useless background on this picture, and the composition is (therefore) not good (to my eyes). You wrote that a crop left would make the picture almost like a square, implying that it is bad, or wrong. Could you please explain why ? Some very nice squared photos exist...--Jebulon (talk) 15:08, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
- Hi, Jebulon,
- I don't like tight crops and, in most cases, square framings. Of course, that is only a question of taste. In this specific case, I "feel" that the composition could benefict from a very slight crop on the right, which goes against the classic rule of putting more space ahead of the moving subjet. Again, a question of subjective personal preference. Yes, I came back but without much enthusiasm or will to get involved in the ongoing dramas -- Alvesgaspar (talk) 17:58, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
- Merci de ta réponse, je comprends mieux. C'est bien une question de goût.
- I don't think there are (ongoing) dramas on FPC now...
- Anyway, I need (and miss) your next pictures.
- That's more important than "dramas".--Jebulon (talk) 01:11, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
|File:Hoverfly_January_2008-6.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
184.108.40.206 14:04, 18 March 2011 (UTC)
Hoverfly January 2008-6.jpg 
image du jour 
Tabby cat 
Hi Joaquim Alves!
I suggest You to do a set nomination of two pictures of tabby cat. Your candidate plus File:Felis catus-cat on snow.jpg. Both FP, both geocoded, male and female. About only Your candidate (not as set) my vote is rather oppose.
By the way, this tabby cat is Your pet? What is his name? Photo of my cat Thomas here.
With best regards, -- George Chernilevsky talk 11:15, 21 March 2011 (UTC)
- Hi George, sorry for the delay. I don't think it is necessary to show both sexes, as the difference between them are very slight. Furthermore the picture you suggested depicts a too young individual, where those differences are still not visible. No, this tabby cat is not my pet, though I know him since he was very young. My pet is Mya! -- Alvesgaspar (talk) 19:07, 23 March 2011 (UTC)
Quality Image Promotion 
Congratulations! File:Galactites March 2011-1.jpg, which was produced or nominated by you, was reviewed and has now been promoted to Quality Image status. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.