User talk:Magnus Manske
- 1 Parliament building of Benin
- 2 Use of a picture
- 3 Photo of inside of Cappella Palatina
- 4 The Vernaccia pic
- 5 image on wikipedia entry for margaret cavendish
- 6 please delete this picture, it's of me and i can't figure out how to delete it
- 7 Image Consent for AFAR Travel Guide
- 8 Mislabel leading to Embarrassing Situations "Patch Adams at Sarvodaya.jpg"
- 9 Street_scene_from_Bundi,_Rajasthan
- 10 Photo Use
- 11 http://tools.wmflabs.org/geograph2commons/ down
- 12 Delinquent
- 13 Bot fails to credit my work
- 14 Proposal of deletion with replacement
- 15 apparent bug
- 16 CommonsDelinker
Parliament building of Benin
I saw the picture mentionned in the subject on the Benin page as well as Porto-Novo page. And it is written that it is the siege of Benin Parliament. Please, note that this is wrong. The building name in French is Palais des Congrès which can be litteraly translated as Palace of Congress, but its purpose is just to host events like seminars, conference and meeting. Benin Parliament siege is the "Palais des Gouverneurs" in French. And it is located in Porto-Novo, not Cotonou. Since i'm not used to editing wikipedia articles, I think i might let you know so you can correct this.
Use of a picture
We’d like to use some of your pictures for a book that will be publish next fall. On the Internet site that we consulted, it says that the pictures are copyright free.
The title of the book is Secrets de plantes 2 and the name of the author is Fabien Girard. The intial print run will be 1000 copies.
We’d like to have your autorisation by e-mail to use those pictures.
Here are the links of the pictures.
Stéphane Aubut Editor assistant for les Éditions JCL
Photo of inside of Cappella Palatina
Would it please be possible to have your permission to use your photo of the inside of the Cappella Palatina, specifically the one that shows the upper wall and part of the stalactite ceiling? I am writing a book on Norman Sicily and would really like to use this as the composition is so unusual. Thank you.
The Vernaccia pic
Hi, my name is Marco. I just would like to tell that the pic uploaded in the Vernaccia article it is not a Vernaccia from Sardinia, but (as stated on the label on the bottle) is a Vernaccia di San Gimignano. These two wines are quite different. I think the caption should be corrected. Best regards
image on wikipedia entry for margaret cavendish
The image you uploaded on the Margaret Cavendish page in Wikipedia does not represent her. According to her biography, Mad Madge, it is an image of Mary Lucas, her sister. Is it possible to remove it? It is misleading as is. This is the link to the image: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Margaret_Cavendish.jpg
please delete this picture, it's of me and i can't figure out how to delete it
someone uses an image of yours (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Dragonfly_(8065197784).jpg) in this page http://libelula.com.pe/-Home-.html.
Image Consent for AFAR Travel Guide
I work for AFAR Media, a travel media company whose mission is to inspire and enable travelers to have richer, deeper and more authentic travel experiences around the world. We publish AFAR Magazine, which has twice been named America's best travel magazine, and AFAR.com, an online travel guide that has been recognized by the New York Times, Time magazine and many others as breaking new ground in inspiring and enabling great travel experiences (see www.afar.com/).
I’m creating content to recommend that travelers visit Abu Dhabi and would like to use the image in the following link. I would like to request your authorization and approval to do so.
AFAR also provides destination guides for partners, such as Westin Finds from AFAR, in which AFAR recommends places for Westin Hotel guests to visit. (See westinfinds.com/) We would also like to include your image in these recommendations.
If this is acceptable to you, I need you to reply to me that you are in agreement with the following provision, have the rights to the image and are authorized to provide this consent:
CONSENT AND AGREEMENT
AFAR Media is hereby granted royalty-free authorization and license to publish, display and use the image in AFAR Magazine, on AFAR,com, on WestinFinds.com, mobile variations thereof, and in such other electronic, digital, and print channels as AFAR and its partners shall determine, including in social media and collateral marketing materials. It is understood that you retain copyright ownership over the image, and this is a license only.
We will share our recommendation with you after it is complete. Thank you very much for your consideration.
All the best, Lara firstname.lastname@example.org
Mislabel leading to Embarrassing Situations "Patch Adams at Sarvodaya.jpg"
Hello Magnus, My name is Derek Busby, and I am the assistant to Dr. Patch Adams. I am writing to you because the picture entitled "Patch Adams at Sarvodaya" has been incorrectly labeled. This picture is actually of Dr. Bowen White: http://bowenwhite.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/IMG_3774.jpg . While Drs. Adams and White are both amused by the mix-up, this picture has been used on several wikipedia pages (Spanish and Italian at least), and has been picked up by fans who came to believe this was a picture of Dr. Adams. We now have T-Shirts and a statue which feature the image of Dr. White, which have been presented to Dr. Adams--much to the confusion to all those involved. So, I would ask that you please edit this picture to reflect the reality that this is an image of Dr. Bowen White. Thank you. -Derek
Dear Magnus Manske,
Are you the owner of this lovely photo and if not, can you direct me to the photographer. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Street_scene_from_Bundi,_Rajasthan.jpg
Hi Andrew, I used your awesome "JAWS" photo in a graphic. I ended up changing it quite a bit, but I still wanted to check with you before I publish it. Can I email you a copy? Thanks! Sarah email@example.com
Hi, Although it is not immediately obvious to the operator,  isn't function, it behaves as it should but nothing actually uploads.
- Just here to report the same thing. It looks like (and if I remember correctly) Geograph have changed their page layouts. Nick (talk) 11:27, 3 January 2015 (UTC)
- Wow. I spent less than two days on writing the thing from scratch, and you're already getting impatient? Gimme a chance here ;-) --Magnus Manske (talk) 21:34, 16 January 2015 (UTC)
- @Blackcat: Basic version complete and running, using the "old" Delinker bot name. Old code should be switched off today. --Magnus Manske (talk) 12:41, 19 January 2015 (UTC)
Bot fails to credit my work
Why is there no mention of the original source of a file expropriated from English-Wikipedia, ? My name is not even mentioned, nor is English Wikipedia... This seems to be an ethical violation if not strictly speaking a legal violation. —Tim Davenport, Corvallis, OR /// Carrite (talk) 13:51, 17 January 2015 (UTC)
- @Carrite: everything is ok. the upload log including enwiki link and your username is actually present at File:370403-Dies-Martin.jpg (already in the first revision). Have you scrolled down to the "original upload log" section? Or maybe you should blame WMF for introducing Media Viewer? Holger1959 (talk) 16:57, 17 January 2015 (UTC)
Proposal of deletion with replacement
Hi, last days I have seen the work of the bot CommonsDelinquent, similar to CommonsDelinker, and I wanted to propose you the same thing that I proposed to that bot.
The bot CommonsDelinker makes a great work, but I think that there is a problem with it: when the bot remove the file from an article it don't replace it with another similar. In wikis with a small number of contributors (I come from Galician wiki) that is a problem because we are loosing lots of images! I wanted to propose that the place to delete a file include an optional parameter to add the name of a image to substitute the deleted file to another similar, when possible. I think that it's an important feature. Sorry if it's yet implemented, I don't know all the features of the bot. Bye, --Elisardojm (talk) 17:12, 17 January 2015 (UTC)
- See this page for replacing files. --Magnus Manske (talk) 12:39, 19 January 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for reporting this. Not sure why this failed; I put in some sanity checks to prevent this kind of thing in the future. --Magnus Manske (talk) 21:16, 24 January 2015 (UTC)
- I think I fixed it, running now. May be a while. --Magnus Manske (talk) 21:28, 24 January 2015 (UTC)
- Yup, works now. Thanks for reporting. --Magnus Manske (talk) 21:31, 24 January 2015 (UTC)
Can the edit summary be adjusted?
Per commons:Commons:Deletion requests/Files uploaded by Loggan11. →
c:Commons:Deletion requests/Files uploaded by Loggan11. That should work on each WMF wiki now that c: is an official commons shortcut. -- Rillke(q?) 00:18, 25 January 2015 (UTC)
- Should be done now. --Magnus Manske (talk) 11:13, 25 January 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks. Something else: In galleries, CD does not remove the file description/ caption. Is it possible to implement that? -- Rillke(q?) 12:44, 25 January 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Magnus, Delinker is on itwiki blocked. See User_talk:Siebrand#Utente:CommonsDelinker_in_it.wiki. Can you take a look please? --Steinsplitter (talk) 15:54, 29 January 2015 (UTC)
- Magnus?! The bot gets blocked on more wikis if this don't get fixed soon. Best --Steinsplitter (talk) 13:23, 30 January 2015 (UTC)