Chennai (Tamil: சென்னை IPA: [ˈtʃɛnnəɪ]), formerly known as Madras), is the fifth largest city in India and the capital city of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Located on the Coromandel Coast of the Bay of Bengal, Chennai city had a population of 4.2 million in the 2001 census within its municipal corporation. The urban agglomeration of metropolitan Chennai has an estimated population over 8 million, making it one of the largest urban agglomerations in India.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Buildings in Chennai (19 C)
- ► Culture of Chennai (20 C, 7 F)
- ► History of Chennai (9 C)
- ► Nature of Chennai (10 C)
- ► Transport in Chennai (6 C)
- ► Visitor attractions in Chennai (14 C)
Pages in category "Chennai"
This category contains only the following page.