Siliguri (Bengali: শিলিগুড়ি Nepali: सिलगड़ी) is a city in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is located in the Siliguri Corridor or Chicken's Neck — a very narrow strip of land linking mainland India to its north eastern states. It is also the transit point for air, road and rail traffic to the neighboring countries of Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh. The town hosts over 500,000 domestic and 15,000 foreign visitors annually. It is the commercial nerve center of North Bengal.
City/town in West Bengal, India
|Part of||Darjeeling District|
|Location||Darjeeling District, India|
|Elevation above sea level|
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Buildings in Siliguri (5 C, 23 F)
- ► Culture of Siliguri (2 C, 2 F)
- ► Geography of Siliguri (2 C, 3 F)
- ► People of Siliguri (2 C, 2 F)
- ► Transport in Siliguri (4 C, 6 F)
- ► Visitor attractions in Siliguri (4 C)