Siliguri (Bengali: শিলিগুড়ি Nepali: सिलगड़ी) is a city in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is located in the Siliguri Corridor or Chicken's Neck — a very narrow strip of land linking mainland India to its north eastern states. It is also the transit point for air, road and rail traffic to the neighboring countries of Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh. The town hosts over 500,000 domestic and 15,000 foreign visitors annually. It is the commercial nerve center of North Bengal.
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
- ► Architecture of Siliguri (2 C)
- ► Culture of Siliguri (4 C)
- ► Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (5 C, 1 P, 28 F)
- ► Geography of Siliguri (2 C)
- ► Monuments and memorials in Siliguri (5 F)
- ► Transport in Siliguri (3 C)
- ► Urban development in Siliguri (1 C, 1 F)
- ► Views of Siliguri (1 F)
Media in category "Siliguri"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.