User talk:6th Happiness
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
BotMultichillT 05:48, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Wounds Man.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
I have used wiki e-mail to contact you regarding the use of this image
could you contact me please
I sent the following email via wiki to you on 3/9/11 as a repeat Hi
I am assisting Cheryll Williams with her book Medicinal Plants in Australia Vol3 and she would like to use your image of Purslane Seed Pods at
6H-diGangi-Purslane-Seed-Pods.jpgin the volume
If you agree please advise of the attribution that you require should the publisher use the image. We are a non-profit group supporting Daintree Wildlife Rescue in the Daintree Rainforest in North Queensland, Australia (daintreewildliferescue.webs.com) rgds Tony Young