|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
BotMultichillT 05:43, 14 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Brandon Roy vs wizards.jpg is uncategorized since 13 March 2009. BotMultichillT 05:43, 14 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:J. J. Redick.jpg is uncategorized since 14 March 2009. BotMultichillT 05:40, 15 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Joakim Noah 2.jpg is uncategorized since 15 March 2009. BotMultichillT 05:44, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:DennisHerreraEdJewLetter.JPG is uncategorized since 21 April 2009.
- Image:Anthony Johnson.jpg was uncategorized on 5 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:34, 6 June 2011 (UTC)