More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Why didn't you add a notification of the proposed deletion on the talk page of the original image uploader User talk:Valleyofdawn?? This is extremely poor wiki-etiquette, and your deletion nomination could be considered defective and invalid without it... AnonMoos (talk) 17:19, 17 March 2011 (UTC)
- I spent half an hour trying to understand how to fill in this request. I never succeeded and I abandoned.
- I asked help on the French speaking and the English speaking village pump without receiving any help.
- Whether I am a good guy or not should not be taken into consideration. The only question whether to see if the arguments are right or not. Noisetier (talk) 18:25, 19 March 2011 (UTC)
|Hello, Noisetier. You have new messages at Darwinius's talk page.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").