|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 06:19, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
- Image:S aner.jpeg is uncategorized since 8 July 2009.
- Image:Bengtohlsson.jpeg was uncategorized on 26 September 2009.
- Image:Pcjersild.jpeg was uncategorized on 26 September 2009.
- Image:Gellerttamas.jpeg was uncategorized on 26 September 2009.
- Image:Carljohanvallgren.jpeg was uncategorized on 26 September 2009.
- Image:Niklasradstrom2010.jpeg was uncategorized on 12 December 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:10, 13 December 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Jesper Högstrom.jpeg was uncategorized on 10 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:08, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Johan Svedjedal.jpeg was uncategorized on 10 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:08, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Tagea.jpeg was uncategorized on 4 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:38, 5 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Svenfagerberg.jpeg was uncategorized on 5 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:32, 6 January 2012 (UTC)
- Same applies to e.g. File:Abrenner.jpeg wich is also signed. Is it possible that all 'Okänd' information you ever wrote on this project is not based on research but simply your own guess without any research made? Remove such claims and leave the field empty, the author field is not a space for your personal opinion.
- If you did research for a particular file and came to the conclusion that the author is unknown, write the sources confirming this finding on the file description or the file talk. --Martin H. (talk) 22:53, 4 January 2012 (UTC)
My name is Alce Tse, research assistant to Professor Peter Swirski. Professor Swirski is Distinguished Visiting Professor at the University of Silesia (Poland), Distinguished Professor of American Studies and Literature at SYSU (China) and Senior Research Associate at the Wirth Institute at the University of Alberta (Canada)
Professor's Swirski's latest monograph, entitled “American Crime Fiction”, is due to be released in 2016 by Palgrave and we would like very much to reprint the following images
in the book. Since "American Crime Fiction " is a nonprofit academic publication we cannot offer any remuneration, but we promise to scrupulously acknowledge and reference your permission for a single black and white reprint of the image.
We thank you very much in advance for your understanding look forward to receiving your reply at your earliest convenience.