|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
—Giggy 06:10, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 06:23, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Geranie2.jpg is uncategorized since 5 August 2009.
- Image:Flower 1881.jpg was uncategorized on 29 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:58, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Starting Dragonfly.jpg was uncategorized on 29 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:58, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
Your Flickr uploads
Thanks a lot for your contributions! Thank you for transferring images from Flickr to Commons! Two hints ahead:
- Always upload the highest resolution of a photograph that is available on flickr
- You can use this tool for your flickr uploads. It makes the hole procedure much easier and faster for you!
TUSC token 673b5be253b0ad2f8eef96708e871b4f