More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Friendship Heights Metro Station.jpg was uncategorized on 18 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:49, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Washington DC Metro Map.svg was uncategorized on 14 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:46, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Fort Totten Metro Station.jpg was uncategorized on 28 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:18, 29 January 2012 (UTC)
File:DC Metro Map 2013.svg
Would you be able to update this with the recent changes to names of Silver Line Phase 2 stations? Yours is by far the best map of the Metro available on Commons, and I'd like to keep it current whenever possible. Cheers, Pi.1415926535 (talk) 16:36, 27 November 2015 (UTC)