More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Tourbière de la cailleuse-montmorency-FloraTrek2009.JPG was uncategorized on 25 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 26 November 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Brassica Oleracea 2.JPG was uncategorized on 25 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 26 November 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Blé.jpg was uncategorized on 27 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 28 November 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Prunellier-www.floratrek.jpg was uncategorized on 20 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:56, 21 June 2011 (UTC)
Please give images good descriptions
I noticed you've uploaded File:Corse-capo rosso-ccbysa3.0-ft.jpg and I thought I should draw your attention to a common error.
Please give some thought to writing a good description of uploaded images. This ensures that they can be used. It also helps those that review and improve categories do a better job, which also ensures that images will get used in novel and interesting ways. Thanks, and happy editing!
Wiki Loves Earth 2015
You receive this message because we noticed your contributions relating to the Moroccan natural heritage. We would welcome you to participate in the contest Wiki Loves Earth, which aims to encourage the development of natural protected areas throughout the Wikimedia projects (mainly Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons media encyclopedia).