|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
I have a bit of a problem with this image here that you uploaded a long time ago (2005 was the year). I know it's very low-res but still, it's a Windows screenshot derivative, which as you may well know, is not allowed in Commons. Also, the permission kind of vanished; do you have that e-mail lingering around by any chance? Anyway, I think it qualifies under fair use and it would be best uploaded on en.wiki. I tagged the image here as having no permission for now; if it's deleted in the meanwhile, I can restore it temporarily or send you the file if still needed for local upload. Regards, Patrícia msg 21:39, 4 December 2007 (UTC)
- Ahh, that takes me back. I have re-uploaded on en: as w:Image:WindowFX drag out transition.gif and forwarded the email to permissions-en. You are welcome to delete the original image on Commons. GreenReaper 23:29, 4 December 2007 (UTC)
TUSC token 7dd4330ada82c28fa1748423c8e59e90
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:51, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Timothy Albee.jpg is uncategorized since 19 July 2009.
- Image:Eric W. Schwartz Anthrocon 2009.jpg was uncategorized on 21 October 2009.
Hi. 220.127.116.11 22:43, 28 October 2012 (UTC)