User talk:Kjf webmaster
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 20:41, 13 March 2011 (UTC)
Goeden dag Maria! This is Ali, I am following up on the a-mail message I sent you yesterday. I saw that your Kavakarası sweetgum trees have been OTRS-ticketed. Now, chances are, the same OTRS ticket number is also valid for the other images you have uploaded, namely File:Kaptan June at turtle release.jpg and File:Kaptan June CD inlay format-1.jpg since they are from the same source, and their validity in Wikimedia Commons will not be put in question anymore. Regards. User:Cretanforever
- I also added a few bits of recent information in the Turkish language wikipedia article tr:June Haimoff. I will add the bit on 2011 British New Year's Honors List later. Regards. User:Cretanforever
Beste Maria, Bovenstaande foto is afkomstig van Picasa Web Albums, maar is aldaar niet onder een voldoende vrije licentie vrijgegeven. Anderzijds staat de foto aangegeven als "eigen werk". Om deze foto onder een andere licentie vrij te geven hier op commons zijn er twee mogelijkheden: Op Picasa de licentie veranderen zodat er geen "Non commercial" en geen "No derivatives" bij staat. Of de foto hier anders vrijgeven via OTRS. Nu staat de foto als verwijderbaar te boek, oppassen dus. Succes. Groeten, Lymantria (talk) 05:40, 31 March 2011 (UTC)
- Ik zie dat de licentie nu in orde is. Het "Share Alike" gedeelte is niet verplicht. Succes. Groet, Lymantria (talk) 11:55, 31 March 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Kjf webmaster!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Stadsmuur van Kaunos met uitzicht op Iztuzu-strand.jpg was uncategorized on 10 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:22, 11 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Terrastempel Kaunos met uitzicht op Suluklu meer.jpg was uncategorized on 11 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:41, 12 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Lion of Kaunos 2.jpg was uncategorized on 23 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:42, 24 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Lion of Kaunos 1.jpg was uncategorized on 23 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:42, 24 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Lion of Kaunos 3.jpg was uncategorized on 23 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:42, 24 October 2011 (UTC)
This file and others have now been categorized according to your instructions. Thank you for your advice. Kjf webmaster (talk) 16:33, 11 September 2011 (UTC)