Congratulations, Dear Administrator!
SarahStierch, congratulations! You now have administrator rights on Commons. Please take a moment to read the Commons:Administrators page and watchlist related pages (in particular Commons:Administrators' noticeboard and Commons:Deletion requests), before launching yourself into page deletions, page protections, account blockings or modifications of protected pages. The majority of the actions of administrators can be reversed by the other admins, except for history merges which must thus be treated with particular care.
Please feel free to join us on IRC: #wikimedia-commons on irc.freenode.net. There is also a channel for Commons admins, which may be useful for more sensitive topics, or coordination among administrators:#wikimedia-commons-admin.
You may find Commons:Guide to adminship to be useful reading.
- Congrats! Welcome to our illustrious little circle of admins here on Commons! INeverCry 18:25, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
- Congrats, Sarah! De728631 (talk) 21:57, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
Is it the same as Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Troll_Face_-_Internet_Meme,_May_2013.png? PiRSquared17 (talk) 03:24, 22 May 2013 (UTC)
Hi, I did an edit to this file. I was just thought I would let you know and if there is a guideline against it then feel free to have admin revdel it. I probably should have asked first.--Canoe1967 (talk) 19:44, 26 May 2013 (UTC)
Deletion requests closing
Hi, Sarah. Congratulations for being an admin now. You closed deletion requests for File:Helena'snewtattoo.jpg and File:Kappanoyu Statue.JPG as deleted, but you did not delete these files. Also, please could you look at Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Nova-sport.png. The deletion request was closed as deleted, but the file was kept. Taivo (talk) 09:20, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
- The same for File:Bartomeu Ribó- Pere el gran al coll de Panissars.jpg. Taivo (talk) 12:39, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
- Same for Commons:Deletion requests/File:Helena'snewtattoo.jpg. --EugeneZelenko (talk) 14:41, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
- Crazy, that's the first time that has ever happened to me in two years! Sarah (talk) 15:28, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
Hi, I noticed that you have added permissions to files previously deleted. does the permission also verifies that Mojtaba Salimi is the photographer or copyright holder of these works? are you sure that this one was not published in France for the first time? ■ MMXX talk 17:35, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
- The OTRS was from Rouhani's website and Salimi's representatives. I'm pretty confident with it. I have a feeling Salimi is a more experienced and older photographer than we might be used to working with. Anyway, if you are concerned about that one image, you're welcome to take up any concerns about it via his talk page perhaps. Sarah (talk) 17:38, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
Hello, i read this and don't understand why OTRS didn't confirmed permission, i wrote by email to the Editor-in-Chief of civil.ge and he get permission to me to add file, in form which it has now.--Giorgi Balakhadze 26px 18:51, 2 June 2013 (UTC)
Hi, I have processed ticket 2013060110000864 and I do not find that this contains a valid permission. I don't know what made you undelete this file. They are trying to pressure me e.g. by mail, with strange statements about our policies. Jcb (talk) 21:05, 2 June 2013 (UTC)
- Please, do not tag images with the permission tag before permission is confirmed. Any use of the tag before permission is confirmed is deceptive. Since we do not know who the photographer is we can not be certain the person has the rights to the image. MorganKevinJ(talk) 22:27, 2 June 2013 (UTC)
- Well, I did go through about 250 OTRS permissions for Commons and Wikipedia the other day. So I suppose one or two slip up's isn't too bad. Looks like ya'll took care of it. Great work and thanks for a heads up. Thanks for the work you do! Sarah (talk) 00:34, 3 June 2013 (UTC)
Hi regarding your templating of my old talkpage with a threat to block template
I uploaded thousands of move to commons templated en wikipedia pics to commons - If one or two of them are disputed - that is fine by me - delete them - delete them all if you want - but I was a good faith user using the best of my copyright knowledge simply transfering templated pics from en wiki to commons - I was not the original uploader to en wikipedia of any of the pics. Regards - Youreallycan (talk) 12:32, 18 June 2013 (UTC)