|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Canico, Kirche.jpg was uncategorized on 22 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 23 November 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Suite au Prélude du Rideau rouge.gif was uncategorized on 13 December 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Iwan Abramowitsch Morosow, gemalt von Walentin Alexandrowitsch Serow, 1910.jpg was uncategorized on 5 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:47, 6 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Wilhelm Marc, Sohn Franz beim Holzschneiden, um 1895.jpg was uncategorized on 25 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:43, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Eugen von Kahler, Der Liebesgarten.jpg was uncategorized on 9 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:56, 10 September 2011 (UTC)
Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
- I did not delete it, I suggested to do so. The photo is a copyvio, because it is a work by Marcel Duchamp, who died 1968. The work is protected by copyright 70 years after death of the artist. -- --Alinea (talk) 14:41, 17 December 2013 (UTC)
- Yes but the duchamp's work is the bycicle wheel not the flickr user's photo--Russf (talk) 02:43, 19 December 2013 (UTC)
At the request of a user, I have undeleted File:Gabrielle Chanel en marinière.jpg that you had tagged for deletion, so it may be discussed. Please join the discussion :)
Hi! This is an image of artwork permanently placed in the public space. In Austria is the Freedom of panorama including the artworks. So please recover the image back. Thank you! --Gampe (talk) 15:34, 5 January 2016 (UTC)