Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 10:45, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Dapete portrait February 2008.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Hommingberger Gepardenforelle Suchergebnisse.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Siphon Schema.svg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:New fema logo.gif was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Adon Olam.jpg was uncategorized on 5 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:01, 6 June 2011 (UTC)