User talk:- Joana
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
|Pay attention to copyright||Image:ChrisBrownExclusive.jpeg has been marked as a copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content, that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
The file you added will soon be deleted. If you believe this image is not a copyright violation, please explain why on the image description page.
- Because the image is clearly not yours, or a free image therefore it's a copyright violation. Best regards, --Kanonkas(talk) 07:01, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
- Take a look at this image. This one can be uploaded because it's been licensed under a free license on Flickr, that is one option to get free files. You can always use your camera, and make free photos. The chris brown image can't really be uploaded under a free license, I'm sorry but that one just isn't going to be released under a free license by it's author. If you're still not sure, leave me a note! Best regards, --Kanonkas(talk) 05:35, 25 June 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, - Joana!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:39, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Omarion.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
|File:Omarion.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.