User talk:Kunio Mikuriya
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Kunio Mikuriya!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Kunio Mikuriya.jpg was uncategorized on 29 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:46, 30 April 2010 (UTC)
File tagging File:Kunio Mikuriya.jpg
|This media may be deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Kunio Mikuriya.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
Unless the permission information is given, the image may be deleted after seven days. Thank you.
Akira Kouchiyama 02:45, 11 May 2010 (UTC)
About your account
Hi, again. Your username belongs to the actual person Kunio Mikuriya. So you have to prove that you are really this person himself. Or you must change the username. If you do neither, your account will be blocked per Commons:Username policy#Famous_people as an inappropriate username. Cheers. --Akira Kouchiyama 04:02, 11 May 2010 (UTC)
Dear Mr. Kouchiyama,
My name is Robert Ireland and I am aide to Mr. Kunio Mikuriya. All activity for this username is at the request of Mr. Mikuriya. Would you still like a change to the username? Also, the photograph you are questioning is taken from a personal camera here at the World Customs Organization; the photo is not available anywhere on the web. Thus, what additional proof would you like that there is no copyright information? Would you like the WCO to send you a formal letter?
Robert Ireland Policy Analyst, World Customs Organization Office of the Secretary General 30 Rue de Marche Brussels, Belgium B-1210 +32 2 209 9631
- Hello. The same photograph as this had been uploaded by User:Rsi73 three times at English Wikipedia, and they had all been deleted. However, if only you take the right procedure, a photograph is never deleted. Probably, the easiest method for anyone is as follows. Could you please send e-mail to OTRS according to an official policy on Wikimedia Commons, and report the copyright status of this picture? Only when you couldn't do it, according to Commons:Username policy#Famous_people, it is necessary to send e-mail to another address of OTRS and show your position. For details, please refer to welcome message once again. Thank you. --Akira Kouchiyama 14:38, 11 May 2010 (UTC), correction --Akira Kouchiyama 17:10, 11 May 2010 (UTC)
Dear Mr. Kouchiyama, Thank you for your message. I have written to OTRS and explained why the photo has no copyright issues. Hopefully this will take care of the problem. Kind regards, Robert Ireland Policy Analyst, World Customs Organization Office of the Secretary General 30 Rue de Marche Brussels, Belgium B-1210 +32 2 209 9631
- Thank you for the prompt correspondence. For example, these files have shown permission by the same method of the Wikimedia OTRS system. Please refer to them. And although it is not desirable to rewrite a user page, it is not necessary to reveal your personal information in detail on this page. Therefore, it can be prevented from being visible. The portion surrounded by "<!--" and "-->" disappears.
- For example, ...
- ... Thanks. --Akira Kouchiyama 17:10, 11 May 2010 (UTC)