Commons:Urheberrechtsregeln nach Gebiet/Komoren
|Standard||50 Jahre p. m. a.|
|Anonym||Veröffentlichung + 50 Jahre|
|Gemeinschaftswerk||Veröffentlichung + 50 Jahre|
|Posthum||Veröffentlichung + 50 Jahre|
|Frist geht bis zum Jahresende||Ja|
|Berner Übereinkunft||17. April 2005|
|Bangui-Abkommen||25. Mai 2013|
|URAA-Wiederherstellungsdatum||17. April 2005|
This page provides an overview of copyright rules of the Comoros relevant to uploading works into Wikimedia Commons. Note that any work originating in the Comoros must be in the public domain, or available under a free license, in both the Comoros and the United States before it can be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons. If there is any doubt about the copyright status of a work from the Comoros, refer to the relevant laws for clarification.
The Comoros became part of the French colonial empire towards the end of 19th century. The island group became independent in 1975.
As of 2018 the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), an agency of the United Nations, listed the Law of March 11, 1957, on Literary and Artistic Property as the main copyright law enacted by the legislature of the Comoros. WIPO holds the text of this law in their WIPO Lex database.
Under the Law of March 11, 1957,
- The author enjoys, during his life, the exclusive right to exploit his work. On the death of the author, this right subsists for his successors during the current calendar year and the next fifty years.[1957 Article 21]
- For works of collaboration, the calendar year taken into consideration is that of the death of the last surviving joint author.[1957 Article 21]
- For collective works, the person or legal entity under whose name the work was published has the rights of the author.[1957 Article 13]
- For pseudonyms or collective works, the duration of the exclusive rights is 50 years from 1 January of the calendar year following the year of publication.[1957 Article 22]
- For posthumous works, the term of exclusive right is 50 years from the date of publication of the work.[1957 Article 23]
- Comoros Copyright and Related Rights (Neighboring Rights). WIPO: World Intellectual Property Organization (2018). Retrieved on 2018-11-05.
- Law of March 11, 1957, on Literary and Artistic Property. Comoros (1957). Retrieved on 2018-11-05.