User talk:Rich Farmbrough
- 1 Tip: Categorizing images
- 2 File:Stamford arms.png
- 3 File:Paleis lange voorhout with banner.jpg
- 4 Copyright status: File:Petersala-Andrejsala karte.png
- 5 File:Reqstats-monthly-20121029171901-pmpta-flatline.png
- 6 Hi Richard
- 7 Maps
- 7.1 Copyright status: File:Voleri karte.png
- 7.2 Copyright status: File:Vecpilseta karte.png
- 7.3 Copyright status: File:Vecmilgravis karte.png
- 7.4 Copyright status: File:Vecdaugava karte.png
- 7.5 Copyright status: File:Vecaki karte.png
- 7.6 Copyright status: File:Trisciems karte.png
- 7.7 Copyright status: File:Tornakalns karte.png
- 7.8 Copyright status: File:Teika karte.png
- 7.9 Copyright status: File:Suzi karte.png
- 8 Interested in coming here to Commons?
- 9 Image Adding
- 10 Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
- 11 Logos, particularly WMF
Tip: Categorizing images
- Image:Some categories yesterday.png was uncategorized on 20 October 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 21 October 2010 (UTC)
- Image:HuggleLogin.png was uncategorized on 23 February 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:07, 24 February 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Upload-cartoon.png was uncategorized on 5 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 19:49, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Breaking spaces in a Mediawiki table.png was uncategorized on 15 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:29, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Giovanni da Vigo.JPG was uncategorized on 14 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:00, 15 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Some text yesterday.png was uncategorized on 30 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:11, 31 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:UEFA members.png was uncategorized on 15 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:56, 16 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:BitvaLincoln1217ortho.jpg was uncategorized on 18 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:31, 19 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Cossical characters.png was uncategorized on 12 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:09, 13 December 2011 (UTC)
- Might get better results asking at Commons:Graphic Lab/Illustration workshop. I can't help with the PNG, because I don't know how to do alpha-channel transparency with PNGs (as opposed to single-palette-color transparency); however, transparency is very easy with SVGs... AnonMoos (talk) 13:02, 11 December 2010 (UTC)
Copyright status: File:Petersala-Andrejsala karte.png
File source is not properly indicated: File:Petersala-Andrejsala karte.png
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. odder (talk) 05:04, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you. Rich Farmbrough, 01:16 29 October 2012 (GMT).
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 19:37, 1 November 2012 (UTC)
Well, I can't say it surprises me given that I understand just how broken the people and the process is. There is plenty to do here though, and Ctrl-V is not a phrase that idiots shriek like 'stop thief'.
There is someone trying to write, or has written, a bot that takes watermarks out of images. There is a lot of hot air going on about watermarks at the moment, some say they are the work of the devil. His bot crops the images. I believe it is possible to write a bot that does a lot more, similar to the way I've been removing watermarks through the middle of images.
Actually you know, there is quite the community of exiles here on commons, some living in secret, some who are quite open about it like me, doesn't seem such a big deal.
I have done some of the carousel, there are spots now, quite good looking ones, but the light doesn't cast coloured areas onto the horses, some technical thing I don't know about it seems. But I improved the horses and the carousel. I don't know where to put the thing though. All I came up with is on the moonas an easy to draw idea, and the camera flies in on the lunar surface and then zooms to the carousel and then examines it and flies away with the Earth in the background, or that would be the idea.. Easier to do then grass (I did a lovely field of grass waving in the wind before, but it sucks up a lot of processor power and memory.
- I was just thinking 'I wonder if a single space beats cut'n'paste'. :)
- Don't try to compete with me though, cause you're goin down if you do !!! I still got that bitty batty bit bot what-not hidden up my sleeve as a trump-all with zero contribs :)
- Well I did get a single character addition, to a single article, characterised as "appears to be automated"... Rich Farmbrough, 01:35 3 April 2013 (GMT).
- Gawd that does take skill. Yeah, that is a monument. True. Oh the humanity. Ok, Ok, that puts you in the same league as bitty ;) <grin>.
I'm getting closer to proving who is behind this PolandBall fiasco, trying to put such nonsense onto commons.
5 million it says in the description, really, do you have to keep bringing that up Richard ? you only got there first because I was blocked on en.wiki at the time I drew this. !
I hope you are well. I still do what I do every night and have made a little bit of progress in learning new botmaking skills. I think it's like the Chinese space program, to have a space station you have to master 3 disciplines. 1 is EVA, 2 is autodocking, and 3 is life-support which so far only the Russians have done. I think bot-making is an essential skill for making a fork for wiki, a must-learn. Penyulap ☏ 13:52, 24 April 2013 (UTC)
- I never did finish off that carousel, the central support has lovely coloured lamp-framed mirror panels and there are the lamps, but then I got distracted by simply everything. I hope you have a great many lovely distractions to keep you occupied. If not, I think you can spend some quality time looking over this page of reviews the Japanese have come up with the best brain-candy. Penyulap ☏ 16:08, 2 May 2013 (UTC)
The following maps were not tagged in a way JuTa's bot could read so he deleted most of them. Way cool.
Copyright status: File:Voleri karte.png
Copyright status: File:Vecpilseta karte.png
Copyright status: File:Vecmilgravis karte.png
Copyright status: File:Vecdaugava karte.png
Copyright status: File:Vecaki karte.png
Copyright status: File:Trisciems karte.png
Copyright status: File:Tornakalns karte.png
Copyright status: File:Teika karte.png
Copyright status: File:Suzi karte.png
- Pshaw. Fixed. Rich Farmbrough, 02:39 1 July 2013 (GMT).
- I think I found PD versions on another wiki. http://lv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategorija:R%C4%ABgas_apkaimju_kartes .--Canoe1967 (talk) 04:02, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
- Yes as each information page says they were copied from the Latvian Wikipedia file of the same name - as they were needed on other wikis. Each information page also says they are PD and that can be confirmed on the Latvian Wiki.
- Many thanks for your work. Rich Farmbrough, 07:32 1 July 2013 (GMT). 07:32, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
Interested in coming here to Commons?
Hey Rich, how ya doing mate, hoping all is well. Mate, would you be interested in coming here to Commons and helping with various bot tasks? Given your long experience in the operation of bots, I was thinking something like Commons:Bots/Work_requests#Uploading_a_high_value_stream_from_Flickr_.28we_have_template.29 might be something you might be interested in doing ;) Let me know, we could use more hands on deck in this neck of the woods. russavia (talk) 05:08, 22 August 2013 (UTC)
- I am dabbling. Rich Farmbrough, 03:58 27 August 2013 (GMT).
Hi Rich, do you remember back in 2011 building the list w:Wikipedia:Articles_with_UK_Geocodes_but_without_images? We could really do with a rebuild of it as we might have some more articles to add, and quite a few of them no longer lack images. For lots of reasons it would make sense to build it here on Commons rather than on wikipedia. thanks Jonathan Cardy (WMUK) (talk) 12:21, 29 November 2013 (UTC)
- You would also be very welcome to look at Commons:Bots/Work_requests#Opportunities_to_add_images. Jonathan Cardy (WMUK) (talk) 12:58, 29 November 2013 (UTC)
Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
Round 1 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- In other languages: العربية, български, Deutsch, English, français, italiano, македонски, മലയാളം, 日本語, русский, svenska, اردو, 中文
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topical categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you may vote for as many images as you like. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category will continue to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 1 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2012 Picture of the Year contest.
Logos, particularly WMF
If in the future you are going to change something like the colors in the logos, please talk to me and let me know your plans. It's really important for me to keep up with what is expressed in the Visual Identity Guidelines. Thank you! heather walls (talk) 22:57, 2 June 2014 (UTC)
- OK, get me an account on wikimediafoundation.org, and I will be able to contribute to discussions as well as fixing things that "would take way more time than it is worth." Rich Farmbrough, 21:49 6 June 2014 (GMT).