More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
-- 15:41, 29 October 2011 (UTC)
- 1 Tip: Categorizing images
- 2 File:Gaarder jostein.jpg
- 3 Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
- 4 Please do not remove the original upload log
- 5 File tagging File:Abbas Babaei.jpg
- 6 Why?
- 7 ممنونم
- 8 Rollback
- 9 Thank you
- 10 File:Mirkarimi2.JPG
- 11 Copyright status: File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (17).JPG
- 12 Welcome, Dear Patroller!
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:James cagney promo photo.jpg was uncategorized on 29 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:35, 30 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Ashura's Man.JPG was uncategorized on 4 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:14, 5 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Band Mizan.JPG was uncategorized on 6 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:43, 7 January 2012 (UTC)
Hello, This image comes from . If you have a permission to license it under a free license, please send the permission to firstname.lastname@example.org. See COM:OTRS for details. Best regards, Yann (talk) 14:24, 21 January 2012 (UTC)
|Hello, Darafsh. You have new messages at Jacopo188's talk page.
Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
Please do not remove the original upload log
Hi. I noticed that you have removed the original upload log from a few files transferred to Commons. Please let it stay so that we have a valid source (link back to the original). If you could also fix the license template it would be nice. Once files are deleted from the source it is harder for us to fix. I added the original upload log and fixed license for one of the files here (example)- --MGA73 (talk) 11:45, 11 February 2013 (UTC)
File tagging File:Abbas Babaei.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Abbas Babaei.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
- I sent you a email. Darafsh Kaviyani (Talk) 16:27, 14 April 2013 (UTC)
- For copyvio! We can not upload any pictures in commons. --MehdiTalk 19:11, 14 April 2013 (UTC)
I have granted rollback rights to your account; the reason for this is that after a review of some of your contributions, I believe I can trust you to use rollback correctly by using it for its intended usage of reverting vandalism, and that you will not abuse it to revert-war. For information on rollback, see Commons:Rollback. If you do not want rollback, just let me know, and I'll remove it. Good luck and thanks. INeverCry 21:33, 1 September 2013 (UTC)
|Thank you for killing me in your wikipedia. Sonia Sevilla (talk) 20:35, 19 November 2013 (UTC)|
|File:Mirkarimi2.JPG has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
The file you added may soon be deleted. If you believe this file is not a copyright violation, please explain why on the file's talk page.
Copyright status: File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (17).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (18).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (19).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (2).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (20).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (21).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (22).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (23).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (24).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (25).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (26).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (27).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (28).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (29).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (3).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (30).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (31).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (32).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (33).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (34).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (35).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (36).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (37).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (38).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (4).JPG
- File:Tange Chogan Bahram II and Arabs Darafsh (5).JPG
No required license templates were detected at this file page. Please correct it, or if you have any questions please check my FAQ or contact me on my talk page. Yours sincerely, Jarekt (talk) 12:37, 26 May 2015 (UTC)
- @Jarekt: I rollback your edits and correct this photos as soon as possible. Best Regards Darafsh Kaviyani (Talk) 13:20, 26 May 2015 (UTC)
Welcome, Dear Patroller!
You now have the Patroller right and may call yourself a patroller! Please take a moment to read the updated Commons:Patrol to learn how Patrolling works and how we use it to fight vandalism.
As you know already, the patrolling functionality is enabled for all edits, not just for new-page creations. This enables us to keep track of, for example, edits made by anonymous users here on Commons.