Bad bot edit
- Patches to the bot are welcome, it's unlikely I will in the near future. I raised an issue though to have it on record at https://github.com/Zitrax/FPCBot/issues/4 /Daniel78 (talk) 21:58, 28 January 2016 (UTC)
FP bot down again
FPCBot pull request
FPCBot not removing reviewed candidates
Hi, I reviewed several withdrawn or FPX candidates, so that they are removed by your bot. But they are not. Since the bot removes candidates reviewed after the 5-day rule (failed or passed), why other reviewed candidates are not removed? Best regards, Yann (talk) 11:40, 24 November 2016 (UTC)
FCPBot and changing the Commons Featured Pictures gallery
I've been working with UNESCO social media and publications to identify what changes could be made to make the Commons Featured Pictures gallery easier for them and other people looking for images to use. Their main feedback was:
- Most sections are too broad and it is difficult to find what you are looking for because you have to guess which section things will be (this was especially true for the Objects section), however sections some are really specific, its not consistent.
- It is confusing that you click on More to get to more images, it's very easy to miss the link or not understand what it leads to and most people who I showed the page to assumed that these were the only featured pictures on the subject.
- The page doesn't fit with the styling of the subpages it leads to.
- Text on the page was unclear and didn't include information on how to reuse the images (I have now added this).
I've created a draft of a new Featured Pictures gallery taking this feedback into account, however I understand that this will break the bot adding new images to each section, is it possible that the bot could be 'retrained' to add new images to the right sections for my proposed changes? I just want to understand what is and isn't possible and design around it accordingly.