More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Vagóm Mahou 1 005.jpg is uncategorized since 7 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 06:01, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Mahou años 20 .jpg is uncategorized since 24 April 2009.
- Image:Mixta1.jpg was uncategorized on 1 December 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 2 December 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Chapa.jpg was uncategorized on 9 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:46, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
Do you have a better version of File:Mahou años 20 2.jpg?
Thank you for your submission of File:Mahou años 20 2.jpg. While all submissions are useful, do you think you might be able to supply a better quality version of the same, or similar, content? In many cases, the largest and highest resolution possible is the most useful version to have available. (MediaWiki has automatic resizing functionality, so there is no need for multiple versions of the same image at different sizes, users can select any size and the software will generate and cache the needed resolution on the fly.)
If you can supply the same exact image as File:Mahou años 20 2.jpg at a larger resolution (or media at a higher bitrate, etc.), please just upload it over the original, users will get the new higher quality version with no further effort on your part. If on the other hand, the content is only similar, it is best to select a new image name, as there may be uses already where some aspect of the existing media was key to the usage. In the latter case, if you can provide a crosslink reference to the new image in the older one and vice versa, that will be extremely helpful.
Again, thank you very much for your contribution, it is appreciated.
Versiones en baja resolución
Hola Mahoucoleccion. Le informo que no es necesario ni deseable subir distintas versiones de una misma imagen en resoluciones diferentes, pues el propio software Mediawiki puede encargarse de adaptar la visualización del archivo al tamaño que se desee. Espero que lo tenga en cuenta a la hora de subir nuevas imágenes, lo recomendable siempre es subir imágenes de la mayor calidad/resolución posible. Un saludo, y gracias por su trabajo. Lobo (howl?) 03:14, 1 October 2010 (UTC)