- 1 Nature and natural sciences
- 1.1 Physics
- 1.2 Astronomy
- 1.3 Chemistry
- 1.4 Biology
- 1.4.1 Animals and zoology
- 220.127.116.11 Amphibians
- 18.104.22.168 Bats
- 22.214.171.124 Birds
- 126.96.36.199 Arachnids
- 188.8.131.52 Neoglyphea neocaledonica
- 184.108.40.206 Cats
- 220.127.116.11 Iriomote Cat
- 18.104.22.168 Dinosaur
- 22.214.171.124 Horses
- 126.96.36.199 Bees
- 188.8.131.52 Crab-eating Raccoon
- 184.108.40.206 Stotting
- 220.127.116.11 Fishes
- 18.104.22.168 Butterflies
- 22.214.171.124 Dogs and others Canids
- 126.96.36.199 Kouprey
- 188.8.131.52 Breeds
- 184.108.40.206 Insectivora
- 220.127.116.11 Rodents
- 1.4.2 Human body
- 1.4.3 Others mammals
- 1.4.4 Plants
- 1.4.5 Fungi
- 1.4.6 Archaea
- 1.4.7 Sexual
- 1.4.1 Animals and zoology
- 1.5 Geology
- 1.6 Meteorology
- 1.7 Lakes
Nature and natural sciences
- I am sorry becuase I do not well in English. I want two pictures about physics:
- A new spring balance.
- A new balance.
This picture on this site is a striking illustration of the decrease of the Earth's axial tilt. It shows the Sun's light on the floor of the San Petronio Basilica in Bologne, Italy, on the day of the winter solstice. The light was exactly at the center more than two centuries ago; a shift, due to the decrease of the axial tilt, is clearly visible today. I can see a few uses for that picture or an equivalent one. I have imported a few images on Commons, but I feel I must ask for help for this one, especially for the question of rights. Thank you.
We need all NGC- and IC-Objects, for every WPs in the world, I thing.
Saturn Saturno | all features drawn to scale Todos os componentes desenhados em escala | Titan Titã | Hyperion's orbit Órbita de Hyperion | Rhea Reia | Dione Dione | Mimas Mimas | Orbit of Janus and Epimetheus Órbita de Jano e Epimeteu | Enceladus Encélado | Tethy's orbit órbita de Tétis | Aurorae Aurora | North Pole Hexagon Hexágono no polo norte | Cloud layer (125mi) Camada de nuvens (200km) | Gassy hydrogen Hidrogênio gasoso | Frenkel Line Linha de Frenkel | Liquid hydrogen Hidrogênio líquido | Helium rain Chuva de hélio | Mettallic hydrogen and helium Hidrogênio e hélio metálico | Ices Gelo | Rocky core Núcleo rochoso | C ring Anel C | D ring Anel D | Maxwell gap Lacuna de Maxwell | Colombo gap Lacuna de Colombo | F ring Anel F | Roche division Divisão de Roche | A ring Anel A | Encke gap Lacuna de Encke | Keeler gap Lacuna de Keeler | B ring Anel B | Cassini division Divisão de Cassini | Huygens gap Lacuna de Huygens.
looking for a video of fluorine reacting
Can anyone help here...or point me to more places to ask for help?
I want a video (or perhaps a photo) of fluorine gas reacting with something. There is nothing PD (or even that I can think of as an easy donation). Looking for something like in the videos below. Will go into a Wiki Featured Article Candidate. Either someone to make it for us or who has it.
- I suggest you contact the author and ask him/her to release the picture under a free license. --Leyo 10:50, 18 February 2012 (UTC)
Animals and zoology
- « Triton de Blasius », hybrid amphibian found only in France, especially in Mayenne, for main article. --18.104.22.168 01:07, 7 August 2013 (UTC)
- Circus cyaneus - specifically better picture of adult male.
- I uploaded a watercolour drawing of male C.cyaneus: picture
- Don't know if it helps: 
- Melanocorypha bimaculata
- Phylloscopus orientalis
- Pterodroma feae
- Puffinus mauretanicus
- Blue-capped Ifrita --Archangel (talk) 17:34, 14 March 2011 (UTC)
- If anyone can take a picture of the dodo head/skull and foot in the Oxford Museum, it would be very nice for the article. Also, if anyone comes across the National Museum in Prague, there's a fake dodo with some bones under it, a photo of these bones would be appreciated. FunkMonk (talk) 19:03, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
- The Corsican Nuthatch, only endemic bird of France, for main article. --22.214.171.124 01:09, 7 August 2013 (UTC)
- Latrodectus pallidus: From this animal, there is only one picture, and a bad stamp design. Since one could still, better pictures or more pure, I suggest, for example, before continuing to use than this, this and this picture.--Prianteltix (talk) 12:53, 11 August 2010 (UTC)
- Indian red scorpion (Hottentotta tamulus): This site looks good, but pictures are copyrighted.--Archangel (talk) 14:00, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
Domestic cats of recognized breeds
- Images in Category:Cat breeds and Category:Turkish Van are not good enough? --Leyo 16:21, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- No they aren't good enough, specially for the wanted classic type: Red and white Van patterned. 126.96.36.199 11:46, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
Domestic cats by color
More pictures of cinnamon and fawn cats188.8.131.52 11:46, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
Some good blue tabby cats who are not ticked tabby (Abyssinians) 184.108.40.206 11:46, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
Pedigreed cats in the colors caramel, lilac based caramel, fawn based caramel and apricot (I found no pictures at all) 220.127.116.11 11:46, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
Some more rare color combinations like chocolate silver tabby. 18.104.22.168 11:46, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
Golden Persians. 22.214.171.124 11:46, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
Domestic cats by pattern
Marbled (this pattern is recognised in the Australian Mist breed) cats. 126.96.36.199 16:31, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
A very special cat: A spotted tabby sphinx cat. I saw a non-free picture of one, and it was awesome! 188.8.131.52 09:19, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
Swimming cats. Maybe a classic Turkish Van swimming? 184.108.40.206 11:46, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
- I need a diagram of the composite fossil of the so called Archaeoraptor, similar to the diagram on this page on the right with the caption "B. Map of slab face". You can also have a look at the original fossil, just for comparison. Can anybody draw it, please? Thank you very much. Jan.Kamenicek (talk) 21:44, 11 March 2010 (UTC)
- Bruhathkayosaurus (English Wikipedia, Hebrew) - huge sauropod from India. MathKnight ✡ (Talk) 17:42, 6 October 2013 (UTC)
- Triceratops mounted skeleton at Field Museum of Natural History, Chicago, Illinois. MathKnight ✡ (Talk) 19:35, 15 February 2014 (UTC)
- Need pictures of a horse wearing a leather halter, one wearing shipping boots, one wearing a protective head covering, as well as one loading onto a trailer.
- Racking Horse, state horse of Alabama, for main article and list. 220.127.116.11 02:38, 27 March 2012 (UTC)
- « Cheval de Megève », a population awaiting recognition to become a breed, living in the region of Megève, in Haute-Savoie, in France. For this list. --18.104.22.168 00:44, 7 August 2013 (UTC)
- Most of the horse breeds from China : Erlunchun Guoxia (a small pony), Guangxi, Jianchang, Hequ, Lichuan, Heihe, Heilongjiang and Sanhe. If you can't recognize the breed, juste categorize in category:Horses of China. Thanks. --Tsaag Valren (talk) 20:25, 26 September 2015 (UTC)
Dogs and others Canids
- Fossils of Cynotherium sardous, the Sardinian dhole, probably located in the museums of Corsica or Sardinia. --22.214.171.124 14:07, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- The Tibetan Sand Fox please, located in Tibet I would presume.
- The Hoary Fox Please.
- The Short Eared Dog please.
- The Pale Fox please.
- An image to illustrate this article: en:Kouprey. Thank you in advance for any help. --126.96.36.199 01:36, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
- Is this photo suitable: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessyh/2160581542/ Richard001 (talk) 08:07, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
- An image for the Greek Harehound.
- « Âne corse », local donkey breed of this island, for main article and list. --188.8.131.52 13:10, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- « Chèvre de la Hague » or « Chèvre de Jobourg », only feral goat of France. The herd lives between Auderville and Herqueville, in La Hague, in the Cotentin peninsula. --184.108.40.206 13:49, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- Fossils of the Corsican giant shrew (Nesiotites corsicanus or Episoriculus corsicanus), probably located in the prehistoric museums of Corsica. --220.127.116.11 14:15, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- The Blind mole (Talpa caeca), the only mole lives in the Italian Peninsula. --18.104.22.168 13:58, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- The Roman mole (Talpa romana), the only mole lives in Salento, in Italia. --22.214.171.124 13:58, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- The Spanish mole (Talpa occidentalis), the only moles lives in Portugal. --126.96.36.199 13:58, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- Syrian Hamsters: I am going to be working on Syrian hamster variations in August and I'd like to have more images to illustrate the article with. There are numerous different varieties of hamsters so if you have a pet that doesn't look like any of those already on Commons, please upload a picture of it. Also, if you have a better quality image of one of the varieties already on Commons, please upload it. I will be searching through Flickr myself for suitable images but if you find one yourself, I'd be very grateful if you'd import it. Thank you --tb240904 Talk • Edits 21:13, 15 July 2010 (UTC)
- Fossils of Tyrrhenicola henseli, probably located in the museums of Corsica or Sardinia. --188.8.131.52 14:10, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- Fossils of Rhagamys orthodon, the Hensel's Field Mouse, probably located in the museums of Corsica or Sardinia. --184.108.40.206 14:10, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- File:Rhagamys orthodon lower hemimandibles, Pleistocene of Corsica.jpg - enjoy a (poor) pic of two lower jawbones of Rhagamys orthodon from the late Pleistocene of Corsica, will add more extinct Corsican fauna asap.
- Can't find any pictures of (functional or pathologic) livedo reticularis and livedo racemosa, conditions difficult to explain without illustrations.220.127.116.11 06:55, 1 September 2013 (UTC)
- Higher quality images are needed for w:Tan line. The images there are embarrassingly poor quality and this must be a common enough subject of photography that good images abound. Edgeweyes (talk) 19:12, 13 October 2010 (UTC)
- I'm after nice, brightly lit, non blurry close up pictures like: this  (no need to photograph whole face- just mouth), this  and this . They will be used on the w:trismus and w:temporomandibular joint dysfunction articles to illustrate w:physiotherapy techniques for these disorders. It would be great if someone could make me some photos like this and upload under a license that won't get deleted- public domain or the normal one. Thanks, and it's definitely worth some barnstars ;-) Lesion (talk) 10:47, 28 May 2013 (UTC)
- Photo of a flat raccoon, meat seems he is still consumed in the United States. --18.104.22.168 23:31, 26 August 2013 (UTC)
- A "Devil's Grove" of Duroia hirsuta trees for the pages about Devil's Gardens formed as a Niche construction symbiosis by Lemon Ants (Myrmelachista schumanni) in Peru. LaEremita (talk) 07:36, 12 October 2014 (UTC)
- The Flower of Kent apple tree at Woolsthorpe Manor in Woolsthorpe-by-Colsterworth, near Grantham, Lincolnshire, England. (Birthplace of Isaac Newton) This is a National Trust Heritage Tree. See   --Mu301 (talk) 12:39, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
- A line drawing of w:Arabidopsis thaliana showing botanical detail. --Dan Bolser (talk) 11:08, 14 March 2013 (UTC)
- For w:da:Heterostyli would it be very nice to have close-up photos showing the three different flower morphs of Lythrum salicaria (English: Purple loosestrife, German: Gewöhnlicher Blutweiderich, French: Salicaire commune, Spanish: Arroyuella, etc.). The wanted three morphs are: 1) Flower with long pistil, and short and intermediate stamens , 2) flower with intermediate pistil, and long and short stamens, 3) flower with short pistil, and intermediate and long stamens. (You may want to see w:Heterostyly for an explanation of the concept.) Thank you, Dipsacus fullonum (talk) 19:38, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
- To be used on a wikidata mirror as front page illustration: A crocus the full plant, preferably violet or white/violet with bulb and roots against white background. Something like this one  (which has a terrible licensing scheme). I'll try it myself next spring - but maybe someone has done something like this already. --Olaf Simons (talk) 09:59, 30 November 2015 (UTC)
- Looking for any pictures of Hypericum species not currently represented on Commons, especially hybrids such as H. × joerstadii, H. pubescens × tomentosum, and H. × dissimulatum. Images will be used on w:en:List of Hypericum species to fill out the image column for each species. Thank you and happy new year, Fritzmann2002 (talk) 17:53, 1 January 2018 (UTC)
- Hello everyone, I am rewriting the wikipedia article on mycoremediation (right now is pretty poor), and I would need a picture of a possibly big scale mycoremediation application with a clean shot of the mushrooms fruitbodies (just to deliver the message). Would be awesome. Thanks! ----Beleriandcrises (talk) 21:16, 25 September 2017 (UTC)
- see Wikipedia requested photographs of sex workers
- see Wikipedia requested photographs of sexuality subjects
- Image of crude oil, not inside a bottle like here. --Leyo 18:53, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Images of the quartzite quarries of Gommern, Saxony-Anhalt, in operation. The quarries have been closed down some years ago (the last one in 1963) and have been filled in since. Images would be useful for some Wikipedia articles on the regional geology. --Schlosser67 (talk) 09:29, 3 March 2016 (UTC)