More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 14:12, 10 May 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Deogarh 1999 Höhlentempel.jpg was uncategorized on 29 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:39, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Deogarh 1999 Durga.jpg was uncategorized on 29 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:39, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Earth 2015
You receive this message because we noticed your contributions relating to the Moroccan natural heritage. We would welcome you to participate in the contest Wiki Loves Earth, which aims to encourage the development of natural protected areas throughout the Wikimedia projects (mainly Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons media encyclopedia).
File tagging File:Malbuch 2 1980 - 1986 innen.jpg
|This media may be deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Malbuch 2 1980 - 1986 innen.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
Unless the permission information is given, the image may be deleted after seven days. Thank you.