|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Please note that SVG is better format for such images.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
EugeneZelenko 19:52, 17 June 2006 (UTC)
Hi, I noticed recently that you placed some graphs, for example, in both the categories Category:Graphs (graph theory) and Category:Directed graphs. But the latter is a subcategory of the former, so it suffices to just place Category:Directed graphs. Thanks. Dcoetzee 23:18, 21 June 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you for your indication. I just discovered it today. --Tchai 09:43, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
Hello, and thank your for sharing your files with Commons. There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. Please remember that all uploads require source, author and license information. Could you please resolve these problems, which are described on the page linked in above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which information may be missing. Thank you. Siebrand 09:46, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
This message was placed by an automated process. Please go to Commons:Help desk if you need help.