|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
--SieBot 17:53, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:19, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Moire02.gif is uncategorized since 19 March 2009.
- Image:Nanotechapps.png is uncategorized since 22 April 2009.
- Image:NumberDensities.png is uncategorized since 22 April 2009.
- Image:Offlimit.gif is uncategorized since 22 April 2009.
- Image:Beamspec.gif is uncategorized since 22 April 2009.
- Image:SizesCartoon.jpg is uncategorized since 22 April 2009.
- Image:MassVSsize.png is uncategorized since 22 April 2009.
- Image:VelocityAddition.png is uncategorized since 7 June 2009.
- Image:Electron diffraction Laue-zone tilt-series.gif was uncategorized on 17 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:50, 18 September 2011 (UTC)
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. INeverCry 01:56, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
Your 2 March 2008 version of File:Shellframe.gif seems right to me for a raindrop frame and your 4 March 2008 version right for a trampoline jumper frame (with the timing as specified in the description). Shouldn't we call the 4 March version a trampoline jumper frame (for the left-hand panel)? Boud (talk) 20:03, 4 November 2015 (UTC)
Hi, can you check out the discussion of your image at the en-Wikipedia helpdesk? (the section Reporting non-author correctable errata in 'Thermodynamic_beta') Thanks. Rojomoke (talk) 05:31, 19 November 2015 (UTC)