Hello - thank you for providing images to the wikimedia commons. Please keep in mind that images uploaded to the commons should be useful to all users of wikimedia projects - this is possible only if the images can be found by other people. To allow others to find the images you uploaded here, the images should be in some place that can be found by navigating the category structure. This means that you should either place the images on topic pages (galleries) or put the images directly into a category, or do both. Which of those possibilities is preferred is however a matter of debate, see here.
The important point is that the images should be placed in the general structure somewhere. There is a large number of completely unsorted images on the commons right now, see Commons:Really unused. If you would like to help to place some of those images where they can be found, please do! Thank you. -- Duesentrieb(?!) 11:32, 25 September 2005 (UTC)
- OK--Jérôme 11:27, 29 September 2005 (UTC)
NL / B border
That border between Netherland and Belgium is so funny! Where did you take it? --220.127.116.11 18:43, 8 July 2008 (UTC)
- Well, somewhere between Baarle-Nassau and Baarle-Hertog, but where exactly there, I don't remember.--Jérôme (talk) 22:14, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
|Image deletion warning||Image:100 6088.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Datei:Skyros airport aerial 2008.jpg
- Ich weiß es nicht, aber a priori sind solche Luftaufnahmen erlaubt.–Jérôme (talk) 21:14, 9 February 2010 (UTC)
Image of street cafe on Dutch/Belgium border
I am currently working on a new book for Esri Press about public domain spatial data. I would like to use your image of the cafe on the Dutch/Belgium border to iillustrate the complexities of international borders. Would this be possible? (suitable to the appropriate attribution).
- Hi Jill; Of course you can use the image! The image is published under the CC-BY-SA license, see http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/deed.en for more information. See also Commons:Reusing content outside Wikimedia for general information about using images from Wikimedia Commons. Cheers, Jérôme.
Jérôme, thanks for the prompt response! I just need to include the appropriate credit line: "Image courtesy of <your details needed here>"
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Deustches Eck BUGA 2011 refurbushment.jpg was uncategorized on 27 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:40, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.