|Image deletion warning||Image:TARDIS-trans.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Addhoc 14:51, 1 February 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:US ringback tone.ogg was uncategorized on 8 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:54, 9 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:ProposedDiffChanges.png was uncategorized on 22 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:10, 23 December 2011 (UTC)
You seem to be an expert. That's rare here on commons. Therefore I wonder if you could quick-check MediaWiki:Gadget-GallerySlideshow.css and make a suggestion for the new code at its talk-page. Thank you. -- RE rillke questions? 19:33, 12 October 2011 (UTC)
- I'm pretty knowledgable, but this is a big gadget. I can't say for certain if that fix will work or not. — Edokter (talk) — 09:55, 13 October 2011 (UTC)
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. -- RE rillke questions? 11:01, 2 December 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you. — Edokter (talk) — 12:19, 2 December 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for fixing File:Ishiquiver.jpg. I'd forgotten to clear out the dimensions for my crop tool, hence the wonky size. On the plus side, that image was the perfect size for the sidebars on the website I've been working on all week... EVula // talk // ☯ // 07:02, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Original Barnstar|
I love your image of the lightbulb (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gluehlampe_01_KMJ.jpg) and I was hoping to use it in a book of my poems that is coming out next summer. I realize it's in the Creative Commons; however, it has the "Share Alike" license, I need to obtain written permission since the publisher would likely not issue the entire book with that license. You will of course be attributed and I would be happy to send you a copy of the book. Please let me know -- & thanks for the great pics! -Nate nshoks (at) gmail (dot) com Nshoks (talk) 14:10, 16 October 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks. Note that I did not create that image, KMJ did. I only made a transparent version of it (Gluehlampe_01_KMJ.png). You should ask KMJ if he is willing to provide the image under a different license. — Edokter (talk) — 17:45, 16 October 2012 (UTC)
Horizontal_lists on Commons
Hi, I noticed that you are maintaining hlist section of en:MediaWiki:Common.css. Could you help with adding this code to css on Commons? See MediaWiki_talk:Common.css#Horizontal_lists. I can edit MediaWiki_talk:Common.css but since I do not speak CSS, I am looking for help from those that are more familiar with it. --Jarekt (talk) 18:24, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
Personality rights template
Thank you for helping translating Template:Personality_rights/i18n last month. The template was (again) updated recently. Could you please help us again with updating the translation? You can find the version before the update in an older version of the translated page. whym (talk) 11:22, 12 March 2014 (UTC)