- Merci (I don't talk french - only portuguese...) André Koehne TALK TO ME 05:26, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Prime of Bhutan.jpg is uncategorized since 14 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:50, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
TUSC token aa127cdb0cb735ee87bbe3e905e4ee9d
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Un imbécile colle cette image sur des pages utilisateur de la Wikipedia française. Recouverte pour rendre l'image inoffensive en attendant qu'elle soit supprimée. --Desirebeast (talk) 14:52, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
- J'ai vu, mais cette image est utilisée sur d'autres wikipédias et a été sauvegardée suite à une procédure de suppression. Elle ne sera donc pas supprimée de commons. La modifier ici revient donc à du vandalisme. Une solution plus intelligente serait de la surcharger en local sur la wikipédia FR, puisqu'elle n'est pas utilisée là bas. --Hercule (talk) 14:54, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
|File:HardttcoreEatsIndoMiMiPussy-1.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
18.104.22.168 03:18, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
Be careful about moving File:Nadine Velazquez.jpg from WP to Commons. This was attempted before (not by me ), as you can see at Commons:Deletion requests/File:NadineVelazquez1.jpg. The decision then was to remove the image from Commons. Hopefully, you'll have better luck this time around, but be warned that the email trail I received was not considered sufficient enough for copyright ownership. — Loadmaster (talk) 14:55, 19 May 2010 (UTC)
Copyvio source parameter
Hi, Just a quick note on a copyvio-tag you did earlier today here. If you want to provide a link, please put it in
|source=. Especially if the link itself contains an equals sign(" = ") it is mandatory, as without the template will break and the URL ignored. Thanks again, –Krinkletalk 15:10, 8 September 2010 (UTC)
Regarde l'historique de cette photo, tu verras qu'il y a des administrateurs de Commons qui ont validé la photo...
- Je ne vois rien qui s'apparente à une validation. Uniquement des actes techniques consistant à retirer des modèles inappropriés. C'est un travail de bureaucratie, pas de validation. --Hercule (talk) 09:28, 19 October 2011 (UTC)
Catholic University of the West
- Hmm... This document http://www.uco.fr/internationaluco/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/CIDEF-international.pdf translates the name in English
- But this one: http://www.uco.fr/internationaluco/come-and-study-in-france/why-choose-uco/ uses the French name
- http://www.uco.fr/internationaluco/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/plaquette_annee_universitaire_ENG.pdf also uses the French name
- WhisperToMe (talk) 09:18, 25 December 2011 (UTC)